m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Terry
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Forever

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: John Terry Reply with quote

Thoughts on the claims that he racially abused Anton Ferdinand last weekend?

Throw the book at him or are the media making a mountain out of a molehill following a simple misunderstanding?

http://youtu.be/ba2GGB9_QKM?t=37s
Colonel Kurtz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's a word that he says between "Fackin'" and "caaant". There's a few people on that pitch who know what that word is and they need to man up, if to only put the matter to bed.

Let's face it, we all get called nasty stuff. At work people insert the words "bald" "Manc" "useless" and "handsome" when addressing me but I don't see my arse. I guess what I'm saying is, it's all in the ear of the beholder. Ferdinand IS offended so, if guilty, Terry should have to serve a punishment worthy of the offending crime (public apology or whatever).

IMHO, John Terry is a cunt of the absolute highest order (Grandmaster Cunt, if you will) but I don't think we should start inventing laws to punish him.
Plus, the England Captaincy comes with 3 "Get out of jail free" cards so it'll probably be swept under the carpet before you can say "KKK".
pdl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonel Kurtz wrote:
Well, there's a word that he says between "Fackin'" and "caaant". There's a few people on that pitch who know what that word is and they need to man up, if to only put the matter to bed.

Let's face it, we all get called nasty stuff. At work people insert the words "bald" "Manc" "useless" and "handsome" when addressing me but I don't see my arse. I guess what I'm saying is, it's all in the ear of the beholder. Ferdinand IS offended so, if guilty, Terry should have to serve a punishment worthy of the offending crime (public apology or whatever).

IMHO, John Terry is a cunt of the absolute highest order (Grandmaster Cunt, if you will) but I don't think we should start inventing laws to punish him.
Plus, the England Captaincy comes with 3 "Get out of jail free" cards so it'll probably be swept under the carpet before you can say "KKK".

1. The incident after 9/11
2. The incident with Bridges' Mrs.
3. The incident with Anton Ferdinand

That's 3 K's without even considering the "incident" of spitting at Tevez in the Champions League Final, the fighting in nightclubs and the fact that he is, at best, an average footballer. I agree, this will be swept under the rug, giving Chelski and the F.A. exactly what they deserve- a cunt.
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media go just a bit mental when at least one Brit is involved in a racial warfare.

Haven't heard a fookin' thing about the Suarez and Evra case since.

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
WhitePele

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember there being word he racially abused Ledley King at Spurs in 2006. He'd already been booked, went up for a header then got up, before you know it Poll is sending him off and Zakora is going absolutely mental.

I remember hearing at the time that it was a cover-up because he was England captain, and it could never come out because of that.

When Rio announced there was "a known racist in the England squad" everybody seemed to be pointing fingers at Terry.

Rumours of course, but there is little doubt he is a cunt from a cunting family.
Zoolander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have more credance if he wasn't standing next to Ashley Cole at the time he said it.

I've looked at the footage and though I am not an expert lip reader it just doesn't look like he's said what people have claimed.

I'm no Terry fan but I do think this is a bit of a witch hunt.

He's a classless twat of the highest order but I think this one is leading nowhere
Ulster_Red

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But hasn't he admitted saying what people think?

Rather he's trying to say that he said it in a "different context" ie that he replied to an accusation from Anton Ferdinand that he called him a "fucking black cunt" by replying "I didn't call you a fucking black cunt".
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ulster_Red wrote:

Rather he's trying to say that he said it in a "different context" ie that he replied to an accusation from Anton Ferdinand that he called him a "fucking black cunt" by replying "I didn't call you a fucking black cunt".

"Fucking daft cunt" could have been the original verbal throw.

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
The Dave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make out what Terry was supposed to have said but I can certainly see Anton Ferdinand launching an elbow in his direction on more than one occasion: if I was Terry I'd have been calling him every name under the sun too. The most offensive thing I could think of at the time, regardless of whether that represented my overall opinion on the bloke, his race, or anything else. I'd wanna call him summat that'd proper piss him off.

I've watched many football matches at all levels in England over the past 15-20 years and - bar some NF losers handing out leaflets outside grounds - I really can't think of seeing anything approaching serious racism in that time. The odd muttered word amongst friends at worst. To me it doesn't even seem to be a minor problem these days, let alone one deserving all this media coverage.

Even if Terry did call him a nigger-kike-wop, it's already been blown out of all proportion. IMO the British press has been longing for our own 'Janet Jackson Superbowl' moment for years - I hope it never happens and I hope this isn't it.
Cheerful_Sid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So dishing out racist abuse is okay if somebody pisses you off then Dave? Rolling Eyes

I implore you to look outside as well as inside England's borders if you think that racism in football isn't a problem. Take your head out of your arse FFS.
Stig

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Implore is a good word.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The odd muttered word amongst friends"...That's the sort of small time, parochial racism that should be perfectly acceptable. Laughing
Red Planet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: John Terry Reply with quote

..Is a cunt!....That is all.
"I feel close to the rebelliousness and vigour of the youth here. Perhaps time will separate us, but nobody can deny that here, behind the windows of Manchester, there is an insane love of football, of celebration and of music."
- Eric Cantona
KNEES UP WESLEY BROWN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so too is Anton Ferdinand if truth be told!
Waggers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark-shade-of-red wrote:
Ulster_Red wrote:

"Fucking daft cunt" could have been the original verbal throw.

I heard elsewhere the words spoken were "fucking slack cunt" Shocked

A. A. Milne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: