m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chelski
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOFB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact is, you won't see the attackers we had playing on Sunday play like that against the Burnley's and West Broms of this world. Why? Because they park the bus. Ibra is a better option against teams where we struggle to break down and play deep. The high line Chelsea played Sunday helped Rashford and Lingard.
john smith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOFB wrote:
Fact is, you won't see the attackers we had playing on Sunday play like that against the Burnley's and West Broms of this world. Why? Because they park the bus. Ibra is a better option against teams where we struggle to break down and play deep. The high line Chelsea played Sunday helped Rashford and Lingard.

this isn't meant to be argumentative , but I suppose it cant not be Confused

considering we have drawn so many games where Ibra has played up front , then it sort of shows that Ibra up front ISNT the way to break these teams down ??

I do keep repeating myself, but pace up front always seems the more exciting and I would argue more positive and fruit full option.
there are games, I would say particularly in Europe where a good hold up striker will buy you time , while others join the attack, and when you have the quality of Ibra, he scores when he has no support too.

but ,,,,,

when teams are set to sit deep , then why have him up there just bringing the ball down , when the defenders are happy for him to do that, i've seen many a game where he goes wide to get the ball because he looks frustrated or pissed of , and this plays into the opponents hands.

I don think this is an;
Ibra v Rashford debate ,and it doesn't need to be, they both have strengths and weaknesses, and i see no reason we cant play both, and both up front ! ! !
let's be honest prior to Sunday had it been announced Rashford was going to Bournemouth on loan, I doubt many would have protested....the fact is on Sunday he looked like Fucking Ronaldo. he was strong, quick, incisive and showed maturity he hasn't shown at all this season.

that's for me where his bar is set now, but he has to play through the middle, where he can scare them one on one. for that to happen he probably only plays when ibra doesn't??
or
Jose plays 4-4-2 and plays Rashford up front just off Ibra ?

I cant see it happening, but I fucking wish it would

Wink
Stig

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, suspect that we are now going to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: