m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre season friendlies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Red

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Pre season friendlies Reply with quote

Got MUTV so I could watch preseason but both games played have failed to record. Twisted Evil

Great to see Lakaku off the mark quickly and a couple of goals for Mhky. How's Lindelof started? How have we played etc....?
john smith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive only seen highlights mate, and heard and read about how we've played but so far
Ive not seen a lot of Lakaku , but Lukaku has been very good Wink a lot more mobile than I thought and he does run about too !! and Fuck me he can hit a ball, he hit the bar against city and the whole fucking stadium shook, he took his goal against City really well too.
Lindelof is one of those players who looks like he's been playing for 30 years when he's only in his 20's, he seems very calm and capable .

from what ive seen Micky is bar far the high light so far , he looks the complete mid fielder on present showing , he only showed glimpses last season so lets hope it continues.

pre season is mainly about sharpness and fitness , but the signs so far look good.
Stig

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what people have seen what is looking like our best / most likely starting 11 ?
Southern Red

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
Based on what people have seen what is looking like our best / most likely starting 11 ?

DDG

Valencia
Linfolf
Bailey
Shaw (when fit, if not Young)

Hererra
Pogba

Martial
Mhky
Rashford

Lukaku

Very difficult though... we have so many good players, but not many have the mentality to drag us through a difficult game. In terms of ability we have an excellent squad imo. I would question the personality of it though. We do risk turning into an arsenal unless someone steps up.
Desert Moloch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mourinho does go with three at the back I'd pick:

DDG

Lindelof
Bailly
Smalling

Valencia
Herrera
Pogba
Martial

Mhki

Lukaku
Rashford
Stig

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
Stig wrote:

DDG

Valencia
Linfolf
Bailey

Hererra
Pogba

Martial
Mhky
Rashford

Lukaku

Very difficult though... we have so many good players, but not many have the mentality to drag us through a difficult game. In terms of ability we have an excellent squad imo. I would question the personality of it though. We do risk turning into an arsenal unless someone steps up.

Shaw (when fit, if not Young) ---- neither will start the season so you need to select again.
Stig

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
Stig wrote:

DDG

Valencia
Linfolf
Bailey

Hererra
Pogba

Martial
Mhky
Rashford

Lukaku

Shaw (when fit, if not Young) ---- neither will start the season so you need to select again.
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Moloch wrote:
If Mourinho does go with three at the back I'd pick:

DDG

Lindelof
Bailly
Smalling

Valencia
Herrera
Pogba
Martial

Mhki

Lukaku
Rashford

I see Valencia as a wing-back, but not Martial!!

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
The Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my nocturnal sins I saw both the games against the big Spanish two, plus around 30 mins against some MLS side.
The first half against Barca (when both had their best sides out) was pretty entertaining, the rest was all pretty drab stuff.

Can't judge too much on pre-season friendlies but I was concerned that our overall tactics seemed to be exactly the same as last season's. The long-ball desperation had a bit of a Monaco look about it (out to the wings, knock straight back to the midfield, etc.) and we were trying to put the ball in front of our forward rather than to his feet, but aside from that our style of play was almost identical, with a big gap between defence and attack, and players left without options too often. Fellaini was awful, Martial's still looking for his shooting boots, Pogba and Jones both looked pretty solid, but it was all much of a muchness.

I'm happy to wait until the season starts proper to watch any more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: