m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tonight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Red

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Tonight Reply with quote

I've seen Madrid make better teams look worse than we were tonight, but it was still disappointing.

They were the better team and were always going to be, but I can't help but feel we should have done better physically against them cunts.

Although we didnt look much better than we did last season, I take heart from the fact this Madrid team are far far ahead of ANY PL team and would walk the PL with their eyes closes. This game has proven the CL is out of reach. But the PL is a different level. A far lower level than that of Real, Barca and Munich.

It's all to play for.
TOFB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Tonight Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
I've seen Madrid make better teams look worse than we were tonight, but it was still disappointing.

They were the better team and were always going to be, but I can't help but feel we should have done better physically against them cunts.

Although we didnt look much better than we did last season, I take heart from the fact this Madrid team are far far ahead of ANY PL team and would walk the PL with their eyes closes. This game has proven the CL is out of reach. But the PL is a different level. A far lower level than that of Real, Barca and Munich.

It's all to play for.

The fact that we know the team could have performed better is a good sign in my opinion. Particularly Herrera who has been magnificent. Pogba can do so much better also - his mentality going into big games is a worry for me though.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Irish tv last night, Kenny Cunningham said that Herrera shouldnot be any united starting side and we should do everything to sign Oxelade Chamberlain. lol - at that stage, I switched on to my DIY SOS.

What games does Kenny watch at all?
Jackl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much of it was confidence. They have it in abundance because they are used to taking on big teams and expect to win. Players like Lindelof and Smalling certainly caught by their mobility in the first half. Smalling did better in the second but, early on, after harrying Benzema he sat off to let him get the crucial narrow pass away for the second goal. After that we woke up and gave a good account of ourselves. Felli again and Rashford, plus the big man getting one on target.

Lingard was not really the right man for this opposition. Martial probably would have done better. I can't really understand that disconnect.

Overall I feel playing City will be like that this year so I don't think the EPL is a million miles further back. The last quarter was encouraging I'd say and I'd expect it to be closer again if we came up against them later in the season.
Jarzinio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
On Irish tv last night, Kenny Cunningham said that Herrera shouldnot be any united starting side and we should do everything to sign Oxelade Chamberlain. lol - at that stage, I switched on to my DIY SOS.

What games does Kenny watch at all?

Of course Kenny is correct after all he has played for giants of the football world, Millwall, Birmingham City Sunderland and the mighty Wimbledon Rolling Eyes

Having said that, Lee Dixon and the giant of football Glenn Hoddle summarised that Real Madrid are imperious and we only got our goal because of poor goal keeping Rolling Eyes

It's the same every season when the ABU's line to spew their alleged football knowledge and say that UTD are lucky or out opponents had a very bad day

We lost and didn't to add another trophy to our MASSIVE

In my opinion we have progressed and the true test's will be in the Premier League and the Champions League.
If teams in the Premiership look imperious and we get dumped out of the Champions League I will start to worry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: