m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West 'am
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sol the Red

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matic was immense yesterday. I don't think it's exaggerating to say that we haven't controlled a midfield like that since Scholes hung up his boots. I loved that Matic wasn't trying to get rid of the ball like it was a live grenade, as our midfield has been doing or the last four years. He was inviting the West Ham players to come and take it off him and then mugging them repeatedly. What were Chelsea thinking?

Rashford looks to gone up a level since last season. His confidence and physical maturing is making him more effective and dangerous. Not yet the finished article, but he will be a great player.

Lukaku is just a beast and has slotted straight in and started doing the business. What's so refreshing though is that he's not parked up there on his own. With Rashford and Martial tearing down the flanks at their defenders, and Matic getting forward from midfield into scoring positions (again, who does that remind you of?) we have at last got a forward line that will go marauding in numbers and at pace. That first goal was vintage United.

You can now see the changes Mourinho has made starting to click. If we can keep up this standard for the rest of the season, I'll be happy. Lovely stuff.

Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
tafkaf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone getting giddy about Matic. Looked good but they were beyond a shambles.

If I was a hammer , I would be disgusted looking at Bilic chatting away with Mourinho all through the game while my team fell apart & got bounced on. It was like a testimonial.

Bilic will be gone before the big John Lewis Christmas ad gets aired.
Sol the Red

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
Everyone getting giddy about Matic. Looked good but they were beyond a shambles.

If I was a hammer , I would be disgusted looking at Bilic chatting away with Mourinho all through the game while my team fell apart & got bounced on. It was like a testimonial.

Giddy? Up yer arse. He showed more midfield control in 90 minutes than any of our others have in four years. It may only have been West Ham but we've been fucking awful against the small clubs too often recently. He pissed all over them, which is the United way. If you can't be happy about that, you need help.

Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Southern Red

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:

Giddy?? Have a word with yourself man!!!

It might "only be west 'am", but that bunch have spent big and spent fairly well. We will come up against far worse strikers than Hernandez, far worse defenders and keepers than Hart and Zabaleta. We done what we used to do, make decent players look average. The last few seasons we struggled to break down the likes of Cambridge and fucking Yeovil.

Just enjoy it ya' miserable cunt Wink . Even the ABUs are saying positive things about us. This doesn't happen often. Let's make the most of it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOFB wrote:

I think the biggest difference we've seen is the power and energy that Matic brings to the team, a proper box to box player who is bringing our midfield to a whole new level and also shows what a myth Carrick has been for the past 4 years.

I agree with that.

anyway... I work with a right gobby scouse cunt who has never said a good word about us in his life. First thing he said to me this morning - "fuck me, you looked well fucking impressive"

He's still a cunt though.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I did enjoy it SR. no need to have a pop at Carrick is all. And West Ham looked like they'd all met each other an hour before the game. In Wetherspoons.
Red Snow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great showing all round. I was chuffed to bits. there is a sense that normal service is being resumed. As the chap in the pub next to me said, "about fucking time".

Lukaku, Pogba, Mata, Rashford, even the little DDG had to do, Bailly etc. all played very well.

Matic was an utter revelation. Never saw the man play like that for Chelsea. Am totally not on board with the Carrick-bashing. It seems that so much of the criticism used to be because he wasn't Scholesy. Now it's because he's not Matic. They're not the same player and Scholesy and Matic are a rare breed. But Carrick stayed through 4 managers and helped us to a ton of trophies.

with Matic, I hope his box-to-boxing isn't going to be first day excitement.

Speaking of excitement, haven't been this excited for the team for ages.

Excellent. Long may it continue.

Cheerful Sid
Bang Tidy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant remember the last time i left Old Trafford buzzing about the performance so much. We were fucking brilliant yesterday from back to front, matic looks a player we've been missing for a long time, he had it all in his bag including the show boat down the wing...a lot of mentions including mkhy, lukaku, pogba etc etc
Not getting too giddy yet but a great start and a shot across the rest of the prem.
Jackl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matic was indeed excellent and reminiscent of Royston if without the snarling aggression. I feel it difficult to elevate his performance above those of Lukaku and Rashford. I might have given MoTM to Lukaku because we had plenty of midfield control last season against mid-table sides but no end product. Matic had his part in that because he moved the ball quickly.

The other thing which stood out for me is we have an abundance of players now who can go past defenders. The pass isn't the only option.I think it is many years since we've had that in numbers. Mkhi T on the charge is a wonder to behold.

What sort of yardstick were West Ham? I doubt they will be in the European places but I think they will be in the top half. A lot of teams will struggle to beat them.

Early doors yet of course but a big, physical, fast and skillful team can never be a walkover. On top of that we probably now have two potential top four teams. City are obvious rivals and Spurs look decent again but from what I have seen so far of Chelsea, Arsenal and Murdering Scum they will have to improve.
The Dave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:

So was he? (I haven't seen it yet)
Southern Red

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
tafkaf wrote:

So was he? (I haven't seen it yet)
..and the poor bastards aŕe going to be stuck with Moyes for the rest of the season Laughing
tafkaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moyes is revenge for 95.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: