m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Community Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Community Service Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-42397746

This article says how much Rooney is enjoying his community service.

He said he had been working with adults with learning difficulties in a garden centre and had been "helping them with different things they're making over Christmas.

Rooney, who said he was about halfway through the community service, added: "I've really enjoyed doing it."

I know someone who got community service to help kids with after school homework every Thursday or something for 2 months. 12 years later he was still volunteering.

It is interesting how people can like something so different from something they would have ever chosen to do.
Red Snow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gives me hope. I've worked with so many people who've made/had to make a different choice in their lives. They experience one thing - a loss, usually, or just seeing someone else's situation - and they're galvanised by wanting to help people for the rest of their lives. Incredible.

Cheerful Sid
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elephant in the room here...

Is Rooney helping the adults with learning difficulties or are they helping him?

Nah, quite nice to hear and hope he's learned a valuable lesson.

I bet it's a right bastard getting somebody to chauffeur you around everywhere instead.

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: