m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leicester
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john smith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the last 3 days i've won about £300 betting on Bristol and Leicester late on, it gives me very little pleasure and i ain't no oracle of football wisdom, but it's so fucking obvious what's going on, you could see both games that we were on the edge of conceding ..
last night why was jose not stood on the technical area screaming orders about who should go where.
why didnt pogba take charge and set us up to defend a 94th minute last free kick
when the fuck did herrear decide he was doing hi own thing

i go to watch Guiseley quite a bit and went yesterday , they conceded in the 93rd minute, every man in the ground groaned because we could all see it coming.
watching utd was like fucking ground hog day.

there's a weakness in our side, a lack of ruthlessness, a definite lack of leadership,too many changes form my liking too, when was the last time we fielded the same side 2 games in a row, martial gets taken off no matter what he does, and Rashford needs to start playing like he is in a team and not on his fucking own, i'm not sure exactly what is missing , but we only just held on against west brom, lost to Bristol and drew with Leicester.

the result has frustrated us all, but the manner in which we played is giving us more cause for concern.
Jackl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really I think 90% of what we did yesterday was good against a good mid-table side who are making their stadium difficult to play in.

The attacking play was much more cohesive. Mata was excellent, Jesse showed what a clever runner he is and Lukaku contributed immensely to the movement up front.

Yes, we were profligate in finishing and would not have been flattered by four goals.

Yes, also, the defence did look and act like a patchwork quilt and it did panic at times, particularly against Mahrez who can be as near unplayable as you get in this league.

Yes you could see another late collapse coming at a time when it should have been simple to play around them.

The Herrera point - well that may just be media stuff so I'd rather hear what he has to say. Pogba does overplay a bit. Rashford doesn't get his head up enough. Lindelof shouldn't have been at right back. He could have played Young and Shaw. Smalling should have been taken off of put up front somewhere to occupy someone. There was no point in bringing Mkhi on and waste a sub. There is no point in bringing Mkhi on at all if someone is not going to take the trouble to turn this extremely talented footballer's game around as Pep has done with Silva and De Bruyne, even Sterling.

So the upshot is that we are at least 9 or 10 points better than all these ifs and buts so it needs more work. It is still in progress.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game had finished a minute sooner I'd have been fairly happy with both the performance and the result, albeit us being a bit wasteful in front of goal.
However, it didn't finish at 2-1, we had a minute in which to display our immaturity and complete lack of leadership on the pitch. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those clowns have to be shown which feet to put their boots on.
Ironically, the two obvious candidates for the armband (Pogba and Smalling) seem to be the biggest culprits.
lew956

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
If the game had finished a minute sooner I'd have been fairly happy with both the performance and the result, albeit us being a bit wasteful in front of goal.
However, it didn't finish at 2-1, we had a minute in which to display our immaturity and complete lack of leadership on the pitch. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those clowns have to be shown which feet to put their boots on.
Ironically, the two obvious candidates for the armband (Pogba and Smalling) seem to be the biggest culprits.

I cringe every time I see him (Pogba) leading us out of the tunnel as captain. Imagine seeing Keano or G. Nev lead your team out and then 10 years later Pogba.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I don't even think Valencia is a particularly good captain. We have talented players, but seem bereft of a natural leader.
cobhrambler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matic should get the captaincy....Pogba can't read the game....DDG didn't have the greatest game either,but I suppose he is entitled to one bad game!
Thought Martial and Lingard were like headless chickens,running around going nowhere.
Lukaku was excellent,threading passes and head up,Jones won't do,!
Must improve......Merry Christmas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: