m-u-f-c Message Board

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burnley

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2345
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Burnley Reply with quote

That was never going to be an easy game. Any win would've been a good win.

Felt we tried playing some decent stuff, albeit against a very well organised team. It was one of those days where things just didn't come off. Players slipping, balls slightly over/under hit and misreading of passes... the ideas were there, just not the execution.

Nice to close the gap, even if it was just for a few hours
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Dave



Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1449

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Burnley Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
That was never going to be an easy game. Any win would've been a good win.

Felt we tried playing some decent stuff, albeit against a very well organised team. It was one of those days where things just didn't come off. Players slipping, balls slightly over/under hit and misreading of passes... the ideas were there, just not the execution.

Nice to close the gap, even if it was just for a few hours


A polite way of saying another shit performance. At least we won. Burnley are an organised team but they hadn't won in seven going into this game - we barely threatened. Good finish by Martial. How many poor passes did we make in that game? I lost count.

Boring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobhrambler



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1039
Location: cork ireland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Mata will be the one under threat when Sanchez arrives.Lost the ball too much today.
Credit to Jones and Lukaku they put in a good shift.Lingard is too inconsistent for me.Rashford trying too hard when he comes on...he should keep it simple...getting a bit cocky.
A hard place to win!3 points !
_________________
E. pluribus unum.
"I aim to knock Murdering Scum off their f*cking perch"
14/5/2011 Mission Accomplished!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sol the Red



Joined: 20 Dec 2003
Posts: 3963

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a 1-0 away win any time, especally in a game where the home team is set up to defend for 90 minutes.

There are always going to be days when the passes don't quite click. It happened often enough under SAF. But his teams had a knack of grinding out 1-0 wins when they were not playing well. Why is it now a problem?

It's a problem because we dropped a few silly points along the way, which is not unusual (look at those teams below us) while one team got off to an incredible start this season and is almost out of sight, which IS unusual.

Leave City aside for a moment, as they are having the best season in their history. A fairer comparison would be with our last season and the seasons since the useless ginger cunt gutted the club. I see progress, quite a lot of progress, actually. Some patience is needed.
_________________
"United's success has generated its wealth; City's wealth has generated its success.

Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chubby



Joined: 18 Dec 2003
Posts: 3583

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sol the Red wrote:
I'll take a 1-0 away win any time, especally in a game where the home team is set up to defend for 90 minutes.

There are always going to be days when the passes don't quite click. It happened often enough under SAF. But his teams had a knack of grinding out 1-0 wins when they were not playing well. Why is it now a problem?

It's a problem because we dropped a few silly points along the way, which is not unusual (look at those teams below us) while one team got off to an incredible start this season and is almost out of sight, which IS unusual.

Leave City aside for a moment, as they are having the best season in their history. A fairer comparison would be with our last season and the seasons since the useless ginger cunt gutted the club. I see progress, quite a lot of progress, actually. Some patience is needed.


^^ This ^^

We really should sticky this response from Sol. If you take City out of the mix, and we should given their anomalous performance which has been nothing short of brilliant, then our improvement and progress should not be so easily dismissed. Based on our average points taken & if we maintain the same then we’ll finish with 83-84 points. I need Nic’s help here but I would think that 83-84 points would have won over 80% of Premier League titles. Not bad for a team utterly ruined by a yellow toothed ginger goblin and the scrotal-faced Dutch boredom warrior.
_________________
Nic... I dare say you could kick everyone's arse on Mastermind with United as your specialist subject.... Pedantic wank-wipe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2345
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chubby wrote:
Sol the Red wrote:
I'll take a 1-0 away win any time, especally in a game where the home team is set up to defend for 90 minutes.

There are always going to be days when the passes don't quite click. It happened often enough under SAF. But his teams had a knack of grinding out 1-0 wins when they were not playing well. Why is it now a problem?

It's a problem because we dropped a few silly points along the way, which is not unusual (look at those teams below us) while one team got off to an incredible start this season and is almost out of sight, which IS unusual.

Leave City aside for a moment, as they are having the best season in their history. A fairer comparison would be with our last season and the seasons since the useless ginger cunt gutted the club. I see progress, quite a lot of progress, actually. Some patience is needed.


^^ This ^^

We really should sticky this response from Sol. If you take City out of the mix, and we should given their anomalous performance which has been nothing short of brilliant, then our improvement and progress should not be so easily dismissed. Based on our average points taken & if we maintain the same then we’ll finish with 83-84 points. I need Nic’s help here but I would think that 83-84 points would have won over 80% of Premier League titles. Not bad for a team utterly ruined by a yellow toothed ginger goblin and the scrotal-faced Dutch boredom warrior.


Absolutely...

I'm as guilty as anyone when, after a few bad results, it's all doom and gloom...

..but...

When you look past the negative media coverage, when you take city out of the equation, when you remind yourself that we only finished 6th last season (albeit with 2 trophies), when we are trying to sign Sánchez and not the likes of Andy fucking Carrol.... it might not be perfect but we are moving forward.

Games like the one yesterday were ending in draws for us last few seasons. This season we are turning those into wins. It might not be pretty, but id rather win an ugly game than draw/lose it. Good, attractive, winning football is only played when the team are full of confidence. We are not there yet, but when/if we get there we probably have a squad to match citys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group