m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crystal Palace
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tafkaf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Hinchcliffe (who?) said that finishing second this season would be like winning the league... er, right-oh Andy.
Zoolander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
Andy Hinchcliffe (who?) said that finishing second this season would be like winning the league...

That's why he's a co-commentary pundit on £750 a game plus travel expenses instead of earning £5m+ a year as a manager of a side in the champions league. He's a cock!

Gosh almighty we were bad for 75 minutes.

This game highlighted a few interesting things for me, first witness the difference between Chelsea players against city on Sunday....given up, not trying, walking around without a care in the world against the team 1st in the division. Then compare with the Palace players, playing like the 70's Brazil team for 70 minutes, running like mad men, pressing, harrying, caring against the team 2nd in the league.

This is effort and pressure the likes of which no city team has ever had to face, the fact remains people would still rather beat United than city, it still means more to beat United. For some it matters more than anything else, if Palace played like that for the whole season they'd be in and around the Europa league spots. They are doing themselves, their manager and their fans a disservice. That is the best they have played all season (still lost though).

Second, Pogba has to go I'm afraid. I thought Gary Neville's summing up of him was spot on, the best thing about him is that he plays like he's with his mates in a playground and the worst thing about him is that he plays like he's with his mates in a playground. There is no mental adjustment to say "right it's work time, lets get these dicks beaten 3 or 4 nil and then I'll fuck about and show boat".

Some weeks back I referred to him as Paul 'Jogba' and I stand by it, he isn't trying hard enough, he isn't giving 100%. He clearly can't tackle at all and doesn't like people getting in his face and being combative and physical, well guess what this is the premier league and that's how it is. We should know everything there is to know about this kid, we scouted him at 15 and he spent 3 years in our youth team, we've then scouted him again and he's been back with us for 18 months. The lad can't do it, not for us anyway.

I hope he has an amazing world cup and PSG or Real offer us £80m + and we take the cash and move on.

Other notable absences of ability and performance go to:
Smalling, it's been done to death, we know his a fucking disaster West Ham in the summer is the best we can hope for.
Lindelof, it may be his 1st season but I see a player who isn't 100% sure how a back 4 works. Maybe he'll come good but he needs a regular, vocal, experinced partner to help him.
Matic, goal aside he did fuck all, I get why Chelsea sold him, he isn't a Conte player
Sanchez, still hasn't recovered from his Arsenal strops. Needs a good talking to and a lucky goal
tafkaf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of good points there Zoo. I like Paul Jogba. Very good. Lol.

But can I just shock you... I like Lindelof.
Stig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all Zoo said.

Jogba; the donkeys on the beach at Llandudno put in more effort than he does.

Smalling; is a grabber, and puller and fouler - no more. I don't understand how he doesn't get a red and give a penalty every game.

When I saw Lingard making a 40 yard run to get the ball I saw 9 outfield players watching and wondering what he was up to.

There is absolutely no movement off the ball other than from Mata and Lingard.

At one point in the game their left back chased back Lukaku and when the ball was safely in their keeper's arm the kid turned and sprinted wide like a rocket to create space or pull one of our players over; to make something happen for him or his team. If that had been a United player he would have just stopped and wandered off, head down, thinking his involvement in the game was done.

We were 2-0 down and won 3-2 but that first half was so bad I couldn't take any enjoyment from the game - there doesn't seem to be any commitment or motivation except for the odd 2 or 3 players.
Red Snow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to admit it, but I agree that Pogba isn't working out for us and it's hard to know what to do apart from sell him - for the right price.

Our defence is a fucking disaster and Matic, aside from the first game of the season and for a bit against Palace, has done fuck bloody all. Don't care for him to stay.

Mata needs to play more and run that team.

Obviously, I hope all the players I denigrated prove me wrong.

Cheerful Sid
tafkaf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing surer than that this board would be slaughtering Mata after a few matches if Mourinho played him every game. Shower of reactionary shitheads after a few bad performances/results. I don’t exclude myself from that demographic though, unlike many, I try not to be.
Jackl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone attending this match would have recognised it for what it was - the kind of banana skin we have encountered so many times even with those rose-coloured spectacle teams. After a poor start the guys got a grip and acquitted themselves well and it turned into a pretty ecstatic night.

I wouldn't be writing off Paul quite yet. Conte saw his value and Allegri added to it. He is at his best on the ball and, sure, you get moments of bewilderment to go with the genius. He isn't a defensive midfielder and he will have to learn to be better at it but the team will improve together. He hasn't come into a settled unit and he is still feeling his way as they are.

As for Smalling, yes the usual scapegoat and no he's not Rio but he wasn't perfect either. I heard when I got back that Jose made him his motm over Matic. Now who should I pay attention to? The Jeremiahs on here or the Joses? Difficult one, that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: