m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wenger/arsenal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stig

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry had already played as a central striker for Monaco AND France before he went to Juve' it was only Juve' that saw him as a winger, this is yet again more London media bollocks. Henry was a striker out and out Wenger just knew that Juve were not getting the best out of him.

I think that we are making the same mistake with Rashford and Lingard -- playing them as wingers when really they are strikers.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
Henry had already played as a central striker for Monaco AND France before he went to Juve' it was only Juve' that saw him as a winger, this is yet again more London media bollocks. Henry was a striker out and out Wenger just knew that Juve were not getting the best out of him.

I think that we are making the same mistake with Rashford and Lingard -- playing them as wingers when really they are strikers.
I wouldn't say Lingard is a striker. I think he is best just behind the striker in an attacking 3. I think Martial would thrive in the striker role though.

Although I have no problem with Lukaku starting, I would like to see Martial and Rashford given game time as a striker, not least to give Rom a rest. Our 'reliance' on him isn't necessary.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us have had a moan about Mourinho but does he deserve some kudos for getting the most out of Lingaard? A lot of people thought he wasn’t up to it & now he looks a cert for England at the World Cup & he is a very capable performer for us regularly.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
Most of us have had a moan about Mourinho but does he deserve some kudos for getting the most out of Lingaard? A lot of people thought he wasn’t up to it & now he looks a cert for England at the World Cup & he is a very capable performer for us regularly.

Lingards problem is many supporters, and I'm guilty of it myself, look at his off the field crap, the silly dances, social media, THAT video on the coach vs west ham and judge him on those standards. These 'negatives' can no longer be explained away as him being a young player. At 24/25(?) I think a bit more maturity should be expected. However behaviour isn't much different from that of most lads of his age and background. I just don't like it. But I'm sure my behaviour at his age would have been judged in the same manner by those older than me.

What is clear with the lad, he loves the club. You can't say that with many modern players. He is a late developer and I'm sure there is more to come from him. He doesn't hide and often delivers when it really matters. Cup finals, last minute winners etc.. If he continues doing it I can live with the other shite Wink
Dee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
tafkaf wrote:

Lingards problem is many supporters, and I'm guilty of it myself, look at his off the field crap, the silly dances, social media, THAT video on the coach vs west ham and judge him on those standards. These 'negatives' can no longer be explained away as him being a young player. At 24/25(?) I think a bit more maturity should be expected. However behaviour isn't much different from that of most lads of his age and background. I just don't like it. But I'm sure my behaviour at his age would have been judged in the same manner by those older than me.

What is clear with the lad, he loves the club. You can't say that with many modern players. He is a late developer and I'm sure there is more to come from him. He doesn't hide and often delivers when it really matters. Cup finals, last minute winners etc.. If he continues doing it I can live with the other shite Wink

^^THIS^^

You level the same argument to Pogba. If you can do it on the pitch, who cares about your off field stuff (within reason, of course!).

"The only player who ever made me feel inferior" - Sir Bobby Charlton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: