m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spurs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoolander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee wrote:

It has taken slightly longer than this, as the planning began as soon as City hired Txiki Begiristain.

They had a plan, they brought in a director of football that would go about acquiring the players they needed to play the way they wanted and to achieve what they want to achieve.

We still take the piss out of city and in truth they have used their money much, much better than we ever have.

We need to take the same business like approach on the field as we do off it.

Director of football, Director of Academy, head of recruitment all working as a team.

Sports science department, sports psychology department, strength & conditioning department, diet & nutrition department, defensive coach, attacking coach all working towards the same goal, a clearly defined plan for the future with a head coach as a mouth piece/front man/media spokesperson what ever the fuck you want to call him or her.

We have no plan, city had a plan, they executed it, we look foolish, all the dominance in the 90's & 00's and for what?

We're still in debt, our academy isn't producing, we play horrid football, and despite spending £650 million we're shit!
Jackl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolander wrote:
Dee wrote:

It has taken slightly longer than this, as the planning began as soon as City hired Txiki Begiristain.

They had a plan, they brought in a director of football that would go about acquiring the players they needed to play the way they wanted and to achieve what they want to achieve.

We still take the piss out of city and in truth they have used their money much, much better than we ever have.

Director of football, Director of Academy, head of recruitment all working as a team.

Sports science department, sports psychology department, strength & conditioning department, diet & nutrition department, defensive coach, attacking coach all working towards the same goal, a clearly defined plan for the future with a head coach as a mouth piece/front man/media spokesperson what ever the fuck you want to call him or her.

We have no plan, city had a plan, they executed it, we look foolish, all the dominance in the 90's & 00's and for what?
not achieved
We're still in debt, our academy isn't producing, we play horrid football, and despite spending £650 million we're shit!

It sounds like the 8th circle of the Inferno!

I believe we have to accept that, after two decades of hegemony, a decline was more likely than not and accept that it will turn around. The City plan has been running ten years and is working but has not really achieved anything sensational as yet. Moreover it is a refinement of the Real Madrid and Bayern business plans to remove all opposition and turn the game into a procession. On the field it is an extension of the Barca plan and that was all conquering in the period from 2009-2015 (not latterly under Pep) but less so subsequently. It is pretty but ultimately mind-bendingly boring. It and the BP will end up self-destructing. The latter can only really be maintained by cheating or otherwise side-stepping fair play rules and it is noticeable that it has never yet taken root here, although it has, at least more so, everywhere else, including Scotland where they have been long term pioneers of the one club approach.

I can't help but agree on the points about structure but I confess I thought we had most if not all of that already and that Fergie picked it up from Lippi. I may be wrong and if I am then I agree these should be improved.
m42her

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolander wrote:
Dee wrote:

We have no plan, city had a plan, they executed it, we look foolish, all the dominance in the 90's & 00's and for what? For the joy that we all experienced and that nobody will ever be able to take away from any of us...

Agree with you Zoo, but all that said, and accepting we're at our lowest ebb in probably 25 years, over the complete era of city's lottery win, we've won exactly the same number of league titles, 1 more European trophy and appeared in 2 further European finals (to their solitary semi-final).

Imagine if we actually got our shit sorted out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: