m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The legend that is Ole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobhrambler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: The legend that is Ole Reply with quote

I think SAF has had a big influence in the appointment of The legend that is Ole as caretaker.Having Phelan on board will be a help too.Is this an attempt to appease the players and fans and to turn back the clock?

However the scale of the problems might be a step too far.The legend that is Ole did no cover himself in glory in Cardiff.

I want him to do well and even be the new permanent manager but sometimes the heart must not rule the head.

He might get a 3 or 4 match bounce like Giggs did after Moyes but what happens if there are 4 or 5 more defeats??

Interesting times indeed.
Bondurant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are out of the league and only realistically have a chance to win something with the FA Cup...I don't really care. A bit of positivity for the remainder of the season - perhaps even having a go at teams once in a while - is all I ask.

The legend that is Ole is a stopgap. He's only being lent to us anyway and in any case I can't see him being the permanent manager next season.

Ask yourself this...could he do any worse?
m42her

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The legend that is The legend that is Ole Reply with quote

cobhrambler wrote:

He might get a 3 or 4 match bounce like Giggs did after Moyes

This would suggest 3-4 enjoyable games. Even that would be a bonus at this stage if that’s all he achieves. But I’m genuinely looking forward to this.

No lose situation.
Zoolander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a no lose situation.

We either carry on as we are, get to the end of the season and appoint the new full time guy and the director of football too (if all the media speculation is to be believed and for once I think it's spot on) but we do so now knowing full well that the players are either not up to it or just plain shit houses (I suspect a little of both).

Or he gets a response from them, he plays the same attacking football he has at Molde (wingers cutting in and full backs pushing on and over lapping them) and we score a few, have some fun, win a few games and if nothing else the season finishes with some smiles.

The legend that is Ole likes to play on the front foot and attack, he likes people to shoot if they can see the goal and his Molde team is all about movement, fowards splitting centres halves, wingers cutting in, full backs over lapping can you imagine what result he might get out of Lukaku & Sanchez up front with Rashford and Martial out wide, with Shaw and Dalot over lapping, all being fed by a happier Pogba & Fred.

So what if we lose 6-5 some weeks, other we'll win 4-2.
north country boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/detail/watch-our-first-interview-with-The legend that is Ole-gunnar-solskjaer-as-united-caretaker-manager

Goosebumps watching that... already sounds more like a United manager than Moyes, LVG & misery guts Mourinho combined
Stig

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His accent and command of the language is amazing. I always knew he had a bit of a Mancunian accent in there, but really would you know it wasn't his native language.

And realistic about how long the love will last.

That's why I would rather see him as director of football, as a manager has to get fired nowadays.
Stig

His accent and command of the language is amazing. I always knew he had a bit of a Mancunian accent in there, but really would you know it wasn't his native language.

That's why I would rather see him as director of football, as a manager has to get fired nowadays.
Stig

Stig

john smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we get it stig Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: