m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clap in the whateverth minute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
north country boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Clap in the whateverth minute Reply with quote

Just me or is the whole "clap in the 17th minute in memory of the cat who died last week in house number 17" thing getting a bit out of hand? Soon we'll all just be clapping from the 1st minute to the 90th minute in memory of anything & everything
tafkaf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing - was just thinking the same... I think we should all wear a poppy every single day on all tv shows forever.
Zoolander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to make it a cheer in what ever minute to remember all the left handed pigeons that died in WWI and so on then maybe we could get some atmosphere back into grounds?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever we play the vermin, we should clap on the 39th minute as a tribute to those that died at Heysel.
That'd shame the murdering fucking cunts.
Waggers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolander wrote:
If we were to make it a cheer in what ever minute to remember all the left handed pigeons that died in WWI and so on then maybe we could get some atmosphere back into grounds?

Of course fans who attend football matches could just make a lot of noise for the whole 90 plus minutes to support their team. I know it is a bit out there and goes against everything in modern football but it might just work Wink

A. A. Milne
north country boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
Whenever we play the vermin, we should clap on the 39th minute as a tribute to those that died at Heysel.

This.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:

Part of me says this would be a fantastic idea, the other feels the rest of the footballing world would think we using the death of the 39 as a stick to beat the scousers with.

Personally I'm against most minutes silence/applause etc... Rememberence Sunday, death of a player/coach etc or a footballing tragedy. I also think a minute silence at the beginning of each year or season to remember any supporters that have past is a fair gesture. Doing it at every possible opportunity just devalues the meaning behind it IMO
Red_Viking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
1999 wrote:

Part of me says this would be a fantastic idea, the other feels the rest of the footballing world would think we using the death of the 39 as a stick to beat the scousers with.

Personally I'm against most minutes silence/applause etc... Rememberence Sunday, death of a player/coach etc or a footballing tragedy. I also think a minute silence at the beginning of each year or season to remember any supporters that have past is a fair gesture. Doing it at every possible opportunity just devalues the meaning behind it IMO

Am I the only annoyed by the fact that the morons clap at the wrong time. For example today, they clapped for Jeff Astle who was number 9 at WBA. They started at 9:00, which is the start of the 10th minute.

If you're going to do it then do it right at least.
Waggers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Viking wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
1999 wrote:

Am I the only annoyed by the fact that the morons clap at the wrong time. For example today, they clapped for Jeff Astle who was number 9 at WBA. They started at 9:00, which is the start of the 10th minute.

I do not think Jeff would have minded he was a decent bloke

A. A. Milne
thedoc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Viking wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
1999 wrote:

Fuck sake - and I think that I am a pedant!

The whole thing stinks in a scouse-esque style (although would be happy for a 39 min. effort!) but to take your point, if they start clapping FROM the 9th minute then for that minute the number 9 will feature for 59 seconds.

And he wore 9, correct?
Lynchy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Viking wrote:

I always point this out, everybody I tell looks at me like I'm some sort of mental case. The Petrov clapping was always done in the wrong minute.
Sol the Red

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think clapping as a show of respect is a bit shit, to be honest. Respect should be paid in silence.

For that reason it should also be something that is done occasionally, meaning when there is an occasion that warrants it.

Which is why the scouse habit of taking every untimely opportunity to manufacture emotion and portray their overweening vanity as some form of dignity is so distasteful and ultimately self-defeating.

Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
tafkaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't rely on Feeder Club FC to shut up either.
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnley have requested that their fans give a 60 second applause for Clarke Carlisle...despite him actually being alive.

I have every sympathy for any poor bastard who gets knocked over by a lorry...but more scouse-esque bullshit with the 'remembrance' bandwagon shite.

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
john smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine there will be a minutes applause for each of the Glasgow tragedy victims, plus Clarke carlisle , plus joe cocker, plus Bryan ferrys son, plus tara palmer tomkinson who had a bit of a fit at an airport ...

games will need to start an hour earlier soon........

fact is, post Diana everyone just loves to show how sad we can be ..................

for me you show your respects privately, in a way you see fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: