m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to the football

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Back to the football Reply with quote

We finally get a chance to see Mourinho's United in action today... Ok, it's only a friendly, but is anyone else feeling optimistic about this coming season?

I'm hoping for a title challenge/minimum top 3 finish
A cup win
Quarter finals of Europa

What are your expectations?
dundeered

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am expecting us to win the league, good cup runs and quarters of Europa . Looking at the rest of the league competitors I dont see any making any significant signings. I am placing a bet on Leicester getting relegated. Yes I'm still drunk from last night
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect a Jose side to win the Europa League and one of the domestic cups.

A second place finish the league as a minimum.

Genuine.

In essence, a vastly improved, back to the glory years kind of winning. None of this top 3/4 will do and maybe 1/4s of a poor man's Europe trophy.

SR - what have Moyes and LvG done to your mindset? Wink

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a Moyes and an LVG? Confused

I'm excited, but don't want to get too carried away... Wink
Judged Red

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Mourinho would be in anyway satisfied with just a top 4 finish.

I don't see United as being Champions but it would be good to make a serious challenge for the title, and I'd expect that would mean 2nd or 3rd.

I'd really love United to win the Europa League though, any European trophy is great on the club's CV, and the Europa/UEFA Cup would be a new one in the trophy room.
"Veron's pinged that in the gulley, Giggsy's faced one to the first post, Coley's gone empty early doors and missed out, but look at the arrive from the little ginger fella. He's in the wide awake club. One-nil United, superb..."
BIG RON
john smith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whilst I share a certain optimism for this season, I think we have to be careful not to get carried away,
some of the posts so far are almost scouse like,

"its our year" .......... Wink

when LVG started , the confidence was high, proven track record, European experience, he then signed falcoa, Di maria and suddenly it seemed like we were destined for greatness.

Confused didn't end well did it ?

we have to expect Chelsea and City to improve, and with respective new managers, their fans will too,
we have to believe Arsenal will contend (till march as usual) and Spurs , who were excellent last season should also improve,
vermin will improve too, ive no idea why or if they will, but it would tempt fate to leave them out.

so that's 5 sides all with the same optimism we have,

I don't like Maureen, I didn't want Maureen, but now he is here, he will get my full support and so far he looks to be ticking every box.

I cant wait Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: