m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

london attack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john smith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: london attack Reply with quote

I don't want to seem like a heartless cunt, I genuinely do have sympathy.

but I cant clear this nagging thought that the media and public seem to have gone into meltdown over this attack ?

the main news channels are literally broadcasting "live from the scene" 27/7

this morning i've just watched interviews with friends of the victims from the USA ...

is it me or does it not feel like, we needed one so we had something grieve about ?
everyone's now turned their facebook page into the union jack, and they're lighting candles for the victims etc etc , will we soon have people queuing to file past the site of the attack, and sign the book of condolence ?

I could be just a hard harted Yorkshire man, but I cant help feeling it's all a bit much ?
is it because it was London ?
is it because it was an attack on our Government?

last year a wagon lost it's brakes and ploughed into 7 people at a bus stop in Hebden bridge, 5 died, inc 2 young children and I bet non of you even heard about it ? Confused
Southern Red

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I find myself agreeing with you.

People say we should carry on as normal after events like this, and I'd agree. However, normal is continuing your daily routine. There is no reason why we can't have a quiet period of reflection. But these gatherings, union jack flags etc plays right into the 'terrorists' hands. It shows it effects us.

And, another thing, my local media are absolutely wetting their pants about the fact this cunt stayed in a local hotel. I work 5 minutes up the road from it and some of my colleagues actually went out of their way to drive past it on their way to work, as if the hotel is now some sort of landmark. Idiots!

All in all, this was just some fucked up cunt that decided to go out with a bang (no pun intended). Despite thousands of people in that area at any given time he only managed to kill 4 people. Not only has the bloke failed to be a decent human being, but in my eyes he failed as a terrorist. It's only the reaction of others that makes him.appear successful.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread, I was thinking the same about the reaction after the incident. I may be wrong, or it could be I was too young to understand or absorb what was going on, but I remember IRA attacks in London and there was never a reaction like we've been seeing this week. The IRA bombings had greater impact in the devastation and frequency of attacks, whereas this incident is the fist since 7/7 (from memory and without looking it up).

Perhaps this phenomena has it's roots when Princess Diana died in 1997, since then it has become the norm to show sorrow and grieve in masses. This period coincides with the peace talks leading up to the Good Friday agreement, less attacks (I think Omagh in late 90s was the last big one - again I may be wrong).

Society has changed, I mean young lads wearing leggings - what the fuck is that all about....
tafkaf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola Sturgeon's ma is gonna re-release Candle in the Wind as charity single for the victims.

The Dave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.Butt Lube.com/watch?v=tqs4h4xVRoY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: