m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mayoral Election

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarzinio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Mayoral Election Reply with quote

I believe that it's next week that us Manc's decide who will be the head of our Metropolis/Northern Powerhouse.
Anybody have any info or decent sites to look at the contenders.
At the moment I feel that if there is a second favourite I will be voting for him/her just to keep an Evertonian of our city
I am talking about Andy 'Didn't get the leadership job' Burnham.
You may feel that I don't want him because he is not one of us.
You are correct
I would rather have a mid 50's crack whore.
It's times like this I wish Anthony H Wilson was still with us
Zoolander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about it J, which is the entire problem of mayoral elections in the first place.

I don't want or need an elected mayor. No person or party has really campaigned about it yet.

If I thought for one minute it would do any good I'd vote "none of the above" but the sad fact is that some spoon will still get in.

There are worse people than Burnham but only the likes of Genghis Khan, Vlad the Impaler and Gareth Average Humphries immediately spring to mind.

I suspect we shall end up with a fame hungry cock knocker like Joe Anderson who'll make it their business to appear on NWT every fucking night and bore us to death with their complete bollocks!
Jarzinio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolander wrote:
I know nothing about it J, which is the entire problem of mayoral elections in the first place.

I don't want or need an elected mayor. No person or party has really campaigned about it yet.

If I thought for one minute it would do any good I'd vote "none of the above" but the sad fact is that some spoon will still get in.

There are worse people than Burnham but only the likes of Genghis Khan, Vlad the Impaler and Gareth Average Humphries immediately spring to mind.

I suspect we shall end up with a fame hungry cock knocker like Joe Anderson who'll make it their business to appear on NWT every fucking night and bore us to death with their complete bollocks!

Reading your reply was like reading my own mind.
Apart from the name 'Joe Anderson' I was hoping that you meant Joe Wilkinson from 8 out cats does Countdown. Shame it wasn't because he would have got my 'anybody but Burnham' vote
Excellent summary but alas we have to elect somebody and I doubt that anything that any of them have to say/promise or allege will be like any wannabe making promises that he,or she will never be able to keep.
Just like any other election, same shit on a different fucking day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: