m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phil Neville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Phil Neville Reply with quote

Is it me or do the BBC and Sky have some sort of agenda to promote him as the top pundit? Forever reporting on his opinions and trying to get him to his brother's level of punditry but it just doesn't cut it for me.

His punditry seems more forced than that of Gary's. Bloody irritating half the time and especially as he often over does it with trying to disguise himself as an ABU.

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Southern Red

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As somebody who played for and coached United and also spent time playing under and working with Moyes I'd say he was pretty well suited to be a guest pundit for yesterday's game.

However, as a resident pundit I'd agree. He is a bit shit...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P Nev and Keown - wtf? ...and a presenter who looked like some knob who'd turned up at a wedding and forgotten his tie.
north country boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil is a total square. Shit pundit. Talks a lot but says nothing.

I'd say our lads cringed doing session's with him under Moyes
The Dave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Neville is solid proof of the 'it's not what you know, it's who you know' in TV, cos if punditry was awarded on ability he'd never have been allowed near a studio.

I liked him as a player but as a pundit he's fucking useless. Everything he spouts is a cliche, any five yard pass or simple tap in is "absolutely fantastic/world class", his droning delivery is like being subjected to white noise, and I can count on two fingers the number of times I've heard him say anything insightful.

Yet he's on everything, all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: