m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi Club Ownership

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lew956

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Multi Club Ownership Reply with quote

Iv'e found two interesting articles on it.

City Football Group are no different to Red Bull in the way they wipe their new clubs clean creating new: club names, badges & colour schemes and in the way they utilise 'smaller' clubs to share responsibility, information and players.
It's an interesting concept with football becoming more popular than ever all around the world.

Would you like to see United involved in franchise football?

Interested to know where members of this forum stand on it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/inside-city-football-group-manchester-citys-network-of-clubs-new-york-melbourne-girona-a7934436.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/31/disneyfication-clubs-manchester-city-red-bull
Red Snow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football's already a wild haven of capitalist excess. You could see some of this coming when shares were floated on the stock market and, symbolically, we dropped the 'Football Club' from the shirt.

We are all part of it. If you pay a Sky subscription or even patronise a pub that does, or if you buy a prawn sandwich, even a football top for your kids.

Distasteful as much of this is, you either accept it or you don't. And if you do, and you wanted United to keep winning, you have to accept this as a possibility. So far we don't know how it will turn out but if this is the future, I'd rather United were in it than not.

Cheerful Sid
Red Snow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football's already a wild haven of capitalist excess. You could see some of this coming when shares were floated on the stock market and, symbolically, we dropped the 'Football Club' from the shirt.

We are all part of it. If you pay a Sky subscription or even patronise a pub that does, or if you buy a prawn sandwich, even a football top for your kids.

Distasteful as much of this is, you either accept it or you don't. And if you do, and you wanted United to keep winning, you have to accept this as a possibility. So far we don't know how it will turn out but if this is the future, I'd rather United were in it than not.

Cheerful Sid
STHLM_UTD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's horrible and I hate it. I think the members should own the club.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like it. It opens the door to all sorts of manipulation.

Eventually things I hate about professional football will outweigh what I like about it.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of City's other clubs fill their ground?

Dippers at home & there's loads of empty seats. Joke club.
lew956

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
Don't like it. It opens the door to all sorts of manipulation.

Eventually things I hate about professional football will outweigh what I like about it.

When they let a 'group' (Red Bull/ CFG etc) to buy more than one club in a country wouldn't that be impacting on the integrity of the game?
If for example City were top buy a lower league side then draw them in the cup, whats to say they don't lean on the club to give them the result.
So much is wrong with the game, not sure where I stand on this though, franchise football looks bad from the outside but it seems to be working and doesn't (at least for now) breach any rules.
lew956

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
Do any of City's other clubs fill their ground?

Dippers at home & there's loads of empty seats. Joke club.

I heard NYCFC once took 70,000 to Port Vale away Laughing
Jarzinio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that Red Bull Could not own both Leipzig and Salzburg,again I thought, it was if both clubs played in the same competition it may be considered a conflict of interests
Leipzig play tonight in the Champions league and Salzburg have already played in the knockout stages of the Champions League. Has it happens Salzburg got knocked out of the Champions League by Rijeka and will now play in the Europa League tonight against Vitoria
If they are successful in the Europa League and Leipzig get knocked out of the Champions League I think, correct me if I am wrong, Leipzig could be playing in the Europa League?
If so they could surely fall into the bracket of 'Conflict of interest, could they not? Two clubs owned by Red Bull playing in the same competition.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarzinio wrote:
I thought that Red Bull Could not own both Leipzig and Salzburg,again I thought, it was if both clubs played in the same competition it may be considered a conflict of interests
Leipzig play tonight in the Champions league and Salzburg have already played in the knockout stages of the Champions League. Has it happens Salzburg got knocked out of the Champions League by Rijeka and will now play in the Europa League tonight against Vitoria
If they are successful in the Europa League and Leipzig get knocked out of the Champions League I think, correct me if I am wrong, Leipzig could be playing in the Europa League?
If so they could surely fall into the bracket of 'Conflict of interest, could they not? Two clubs owned by Red Bull playing in the same competition.

I think there was a case a few years back where Chelsea played a team sponsored by one of abramavich's company's. Can't remember the outcome etc but it shows it can happen... the fact it can still happen suggests fifa/UEFA are doing fuck all about it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: