m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Champoins League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john smith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Champoins League Reply with quote

fairly routine group stage win, pogbas injury the only blip.

but on a humorous note .

Brenda Rodgers talking before Celtic lost 5 nil to PSG last night

"It's a real cauldron on these types of evening,"

"That should set a great platform for us to hopefully go and get a result.

"We're in a real good condition to go in this time. The players are very clear on how they work and how we handle these types of pressure games. This is a game to go and enjoy.

"We take an attitude into the game knowing we are very much a team. We have the speed in the team now that maybe we lacked early on in moments of the early stages of the Champions League last year.

"We have that strength, we have the power - okay, there are areas where we could be stronger - but we are still set up to play this game to a very high level."

this cunts really is the David Brent of football Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll probably categorise it as being unlucky to lose in a five-goal thriller.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jose hit the nail on the head when he said group stage games are a warm-up for the main event in February.
As for the performance, apart from a little bit of sloppiness at the back, it was good.

Fellaini is starting to look like a useful player for us. I no longer find myself thinking "oh, for fuck sake" when he is in the starting line-up or coming off the bench. I also think Young done well, considering he hasn't played for a while. There is defiantly an option to play him on the left of the defence. He and Valencia as full/wing backs would give us plenty of width.

Mhky, I tended to lose track of him during games and asked myself why he seems to go missing but still manages to pick out plenty of assists etc... Last night the commentary kept mentioning him and forced me to watch him closely. It's not just me that loses track of him... the opposition also do. He is constantly on the move and always finding pockets of space..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: