m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vermin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:

Had an offer to work on the Saturday of the Spurs game and turned it down. Might reconsider now. Aint losing cash to waste another two hours of that shit.

I'd go for it. If you finish by 2 you could be home in time to watch or listen to the City game, they're doing grrreat!
The Dave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:

Had an offer to work on the Saturday of the Spurs game and turned it down. Might reconsider now. Aint losing cash to waste another two hours of that shit.

I'd go for it. If you finish by 2 you could be home in time to watch or listen to the City game, they're doing grrreat!

And that insinuates what, fuckface?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:

maybe you need a change of club, spunkbucket. Smile
The Dave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:

Is that what happens now? You criticise your multi-million money-spunking club for consistently failing to turn up for the big games the fans really care about so you should just fuck off to their rivals? Yeah that sounds about right. Jesus fucking Christ.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:

Is that what happens now? You criticise your multi-million money-spunking club for consistently failing to turn up for the big games the fans really care about so you should just fuck off to their rivals? Yeah that sounds about right. Jesus fucking Christ.

we won TWO fucking cup finals last season you fucking bell end.
john smith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vermin were there for the taking, but we went with absolutely no intention whatsoever of trying to win.

the fact I can type that about a Manchester United team is criminal.

if you leave anfield and you've not lost it could be said it's a good result but I think Dave is spot on, beating the dross by 4-0 means nothing if you constantly fail to show up for games like this.

we had a chance today to show intent, take a wounded Vermin side and batter them, instead we went with 0-0 the only result we looked for. Evil or Very Mad
The Dave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:

Southampton and Ajax? Yes we did, and that's good. But I'd rather we'd won none and looked the part in more of our games. We're not some plucky underdogs; we're not some over-performing mid-table team - we're a club that's spent a ridiculous amount on playing staff these past few seasons but look a fraction as good as we could be going forward, and pull punches when we should be throwing haymakers.

So what if we win x number of trophies? Is that ALL that matters these days? Does enjoying the games you're fucking watching, featuring god-knows-how-much worth of talent mean nothing these days?

Never liked Mourinho's football in the past, didn't want him at United, don't like what he's building with the money he has. We've put in plenty of shitty performances against our rivals over the years: the fact that's our TACTIC these days fucking grinds me. I wanna get excited about these games!

He knows what he's doing. We'll probably win a double this season. How enjoyable it'll be to watch is another thing.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:

Southampton and Ajax? Yes we did, and that's good. But I'd rather we'd won none and looked the part in more of our games. We're not some plucky underdogs; we're not some over-performing mid-table team - we're a club that's spent a ridiculous amount on playing staff these past few seasons but look a fraction as good as we could be going forward, and pull punches when we should be throwing haymakers.

So what if we win x number of trophies? Is that ALL that matters these days? Does enjoying the games you're fucking watching, featuring god-knows-how-much worth of talent mean nothing these days?

Never liked Mourinho's football in the past, didn't want him at United, don't like what he's building with the money he has. We've put in plenty of shitty performances against our rivals over the years: the fact that's our TACTIC these days fucking grinds me. I wanna get excited about these games!

He knows what he's doing. We'll probably win a double this season. How enjoyable it'll be to watch is another thing.

Fucking he'll, really??

Even under Fergie we played defensively, similar to to today. The only difference, under Fergie we considered it a "disciplined" performance, not parking the bus. If my memory is correct, we were pretty shite on a certain night in Barca in 99'. I bet you were still jumping round like a goon on the final whistle?

You also have to consider how defensive the dippers were today. They hardly come flying at us like they do most teams. The keepers were only forced to make 1 save each.
The Dave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:

Fucking he'll, really??

Even under Fergie we played defensively, similar to to today. The only difference, under Fergie we considered it a "disciplined" performance, not parking the bus. If my memory is correct, we were pretty shite on a certain night in Barca in 99'. I bet you were still jumping round like a goon on the final whistle?

You also have to consider how defensive the dippers were today. They hardly come flying at us like they do most teams. The keepers were only forced to make 1 save each.

But Bayern were a proper team, not some shithouse midtable modern Premier League club like Murdering Scum. And we went at em the majority of the game, hence their umpteen chances to win it on the counter. I was ecstatic about the win.

Today we've paid for a team that cost millions upon millions and consistently fail to take it to the top-level opposition. And if you think that Murdering Scum were more defensive than we were today you need your eyes tested.

If there are United fans out there happy we're scraping our way to success then they're welcome to it. Football means more than that to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first 10 competitive games this season have produced 32 goals for and 4 against.
I suppose it's inevitable that 20-odd years of domestic domination is bound to create a few spoiled cunts.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:
1999 wrote:
The Dave wrote:

Fucking he'll, really??

But Bayern were a proper team, not some shithouse midtable modern Premier League club like Murdering Scum. And we went at em the majority of the game, hence their umpteen chances to win it on the counter. I was ecstatic about the win.

Today we've paid for a team that cost millions upon millions and consistently fail to take it to the top-level opposition. And if you think that Murdering Scum were more defensive than we were today you need your eyes tested.

If there are United fans out there happy we're scraping our way to success then they're welcome to it. Football means more than that to me.

Today's team cost millions to assemble, I'll give you that. But we are playing catch up. We failed to invest properly since the takeover and have been playing catch up since 2008. LvG got given plenty of money and we produced far worse performances under him than what we saw today. Not only are we playing catch up, Jose has to fix the mess left behind by Moyes and LVG.

Rome wasn't built in a day. We've taken a step forward. We are winning trophies, we are scoring goals, we are not conceeding and the league title looks like it could be between us and city... not a bad jump from our 6th place finish last season. Let's judge Jose on the season, not just the odd game, eh?
Jackl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty poor. It is right we've done it before even in the halcyon days. We were very lucky not to lose because apart from the one save DDG had to make and his general control no one at the back played well. The midfield was swamped, only Martial turned up in attack and we either couldn't pass the ball or keep it on the odd occasion when we did. We went to keep it tight for 70 minutes and nick it on the counter. Except for the fluffed Lukaku chance there wasn't a counter. We are definitely in a trough right now but the season's not 8, it's 38.
north country boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
Our first 10 competitive games this season have produced 32 goals for and 4 against.
I suppose it's inevitable that 20-odd years of domestic domination is bound to create a few spoiled cunts.

I'm with 1999 on this one. Horrible to watch today but job done. If we'd be playing like that every week I'd have a problem but if it means it leaves the dippers foaming at the mouth then fuck it.

City won 7-2 today but their goal difference is only 2 better off than our's
tafkaf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with NCB. Would love to see us really go for them but this game means too much. I'd take the draw, tough away game out of the way & no real damage. Next.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the night at St James' park when Fergie put 10 men behind the ball and the barcodes gave us a fucking mauling. Schmeichel played the game of his life, and we spunked a winner.
They were fucking livid and we were delirious.

After so many 'glory' years, it's easy to forget the times we scabbed points away from home (just like yesterday). So much sweeter that it pissed off all the ABUs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: