m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huddersfield
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobhrambler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the inability to change tempo cost us yesterday.The build up play was too slow and we gave them too much time to get behind the ball.
Martial getting booked early and the niggle that was there in the first 15 minutes coupled with Jones going off upset the run of the game.
Lack of concentration cost us the goals....hopefully lesson learned!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that I've since noticed is the way Valencia strolls back after Mata gives the ball away for their first goal - he's the last player you expect that from, and our captain! I think it epitomised our performance and may well have not been lost on José judging by his post match comments.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be, and probably am well, off the mark, but all this talk of attitude, complacency etc is similar to what we often see when it's the beginning of the end of Jose's time with a club. Jose's recent comments about PSG doesn't do much to suppress that view.
TOFB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are avoiding the fact that two poor pieces of play from Lindelof caused the result. Dreadful defending and I sincerely hope that what we witnessed yesterday is the best of what he has to offer. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a defender of ours actually afraid of the football. No bravery and dreadful reading of the game.

We weren’t doing great up until the concession of the goals, but they weren’t great and we could have got the result but for the goals.
Stig

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The header he missed for their second goal was like someone on a Sunday morning being afraid to head the ball.

He is our most expensive defender ever, and I think that was the first time in the P.L. I may be wrong. So despite spending all that money Jose hasn't be convinced enough to play him yet, or often.

I know we shouldn't make snap decisions but I would not be surprised if he never played for us again.
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
dark-shade-of-red wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
We are a team fighting for a CL place (if we are lucky), not a league title.

Not fighting for the title?? Are you serious?

What kind of a squad do you expect us to have to fight for the title? Because our current one is miles stronger than actual previous league winning ones.

Never said we shouldn't be challenging. The money we've spent, of course we should. I'm just less convinced we will.

My apologies. But yeah, I do think there are zero excuses for us to not be fighting for the title. Our squad is as strong as City's. However, what separates us from there is blindingly obvious- their ability to score more goals.

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Southern Red

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark-shade-of-red wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
dark-shade-of-red wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
We are a team fighting for a CL place (if we are lucky), not a league title.

Not fighting for the title?? Are you serious?

What kind of a squad do you expect us to have to fight for the title? Because our current one is miles stronger than actual previous league winning ones.

Never said we shouldn't be challenging. The money we've spent, of course we should. I'm just less convinced we will.

My apologies. But yeah, I do think there are zero excuses for us to not be fighting for the title. Our squad is as strong as City's. However, what separates us from there is blindingly obvious- their ability to score more goals.

Personally I think our attack is just as good. I think our weakness is our defence. This has been covered up by being a bit more cautious than we needed to be. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed the start to the season though.

We've scored plenty of goals. But, quite often the floodgates have not opened until we get a two goal lead, often late, effectively putting the game to bed. Once the game is safe the shackles come off and we get 2 or 3 in quick succession, showing how lethal we can be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: