m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mourinho's attitude to United fans
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Mourinho's attitude to United fans Reply with quote

The shushing, the programme notes, etc.

Thoughts?

Obviously I've made my feelings on the bloke clear and would love to see the Stretford end arise, drag his arse out of the dugout and stamp his head to a bloody pulp on the centre circle, but what about you lot?

Can he speak to us like this? Has he earned that right yet?
Stig

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's in the program notes ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts?

Fuck me, a bit precious aren't we?

A finger-to-the-lips gesture to the stupid fucking cunts booing his decision NOT to substitute our leading scorer (who went on to set up the winner for the player who came on).
These are probably the same shithouses who were booing Fellaini 12 months ago, or wanting rid of David DG in his first season.

...do people still buy programs?
Southern Red

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the media have deflected a lot of the "shushing" business. In my view it was directed at them, not the supporters.

I don't like it when the manager complains about the supporters, but I think he is just trying to defend his players, and rightly so. And when 'supporters' are using language such as "stamp on his head", you've open yourself up to be criticised.

Nobody likes what we saw against the dippers. However, what we saw against spurs was completely different. Ok, it wasn't gung ho, but it was decent, responsible football.

We're on a bit of a bumpy road and I think we are missing Pogba (and Fellaini Shocked) more than we might have thought. Jose is just trying to manage us through it at keep in touch with city.

What i've seen so far is an improvement, in terms of results. We have also played better football, until the last few weeks. So, before we start arising and stamping on heads, let's judge at the end of the season, 'coz where I'm sitting, it far far better than at any time under LVG or Moyes.
john smith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if win at all costs is the only measure we are allowed to use, then we have to see where we finish this season.

a league cup and a Europa league win is a good start , but he will be judged on the champions league and the premier league,

if he wins either of those then many will simply forgive anything he does, and be content with the fact that Utd are still being successful.

i'm a spoiled cunt Wink I like to see football played to entertain, not at all costs , but certainly when the time is right send out the right players and attack teams and get the crowds off their seats.

this season we have done that, and hopefully will continue to do so, but the last 3 games have been all about not conceding and I personally don't like that style at all.

Jose tends to have a 4 year shelf life, and in year two he usually wins a league, it's then he starts to get his panties in a bunch and start the eye gouging and turning on the fans and anyone who'll listen .
I hope he isn't starting here a year early .
Jackl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's justified. The short-termism has always been the same at OT because there are too many JCLs. Having a go at Romelu because he's not the most mobile or the hardest runner isn't really fair. he's been brought in to shoot bullets and at the moment his main primer is missing.

We're actually doing very well in a difficult period. If Jose is going to have a go at the players when they don't perform he should equally have a go at the fans when they are out of order. it's only a small minority. We know who he means.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackl wrote:
It's justified. The short-termism has always been the same at OT because there are too many JCLs. Having a go at Romelu because he's not the most mobile or the hardest runner isn't really fair. he's been brought in to shoot bullets and at the moment his main primer is missing.

We're actually doing very well in a difficult period. If Jose is going to have a go at the players when they don't perform he should equally have a go at the fans when they are out of order. it's only a small minority. We know who he means.

Spot fucking on.
Sol the Red

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our fan base unfortunately includes a proportion of stupid cunts. Talking about Mourinho like that is a fucking disgrace. We've only just expunged the memory of that custard toothed whey-faced walking disaster zone that fucked the team up within weeks of landing at OT. Some people have short memories.

Every football fan in the country would like to be entertained while winning every match 4-0. Life isn't like that and even under Fergie we endured some dire football at times, grinding out results, while the media wanked themselves into a lather over the Arsenal Poof Squad or Keegle's Newcastle. Entertaining football is great. But not when it's at the expense of winning. Ask a Tottenham fan if they'd sacrifice some entertainment for a league title. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer would be.

With his full squad available, Mourinho had us playing well and battering teams. With a number of important players out injured, he's managed to take 4 points out of 6 against two of our big rivals.

The plain fact is that if it weren't for Financial Fraud FC flying in the league at the moment, none of this shit would be going on. Two years ago we were a laughing stock. Now, two and a bit months into a season and we're sitting in second place in the PL, four out of four in the CL, unbeaten for a record 38 home games and there are fucking flannels asking if Mourinho has earned the right to have a pop back at fans booing their own team. Fucking right he has.

Jesus.

Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
Thoughts?

Fuck me, a bit precious aren't we?

A finger-to-the-lips gesture to the stupid fucking cunts booing his decision NOT to substitute our leading scorer (who went on to set up the winner for the player who came on).
These are probably the same shithouses who were booing Fellaini 12 months ago, or wanting rid of David DG in his first season.

...do people still buy programs?

Loan, I said loan!

But yeah, agree with you. Hard not to be disappointed with general play but most of us are grateful for what we have right now.

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
john smith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Ask a Tottenham fan if they'd sacrifice some entertainment for a league title. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer would be

I said exactly this to a united mate today.

I want to win and I want to play great football. I appear to be a spoiled cunt for that

Rolling Eyes

but as Sol and others say, if you had a choice, play nice football and win fuck all or play what's required and win trophies, then it's a fairly easy answer.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john smith wrote:
.Ask a Tottenham fan if they'd sacrifice some entertainment for a league title. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer would be

I want to win and I want to play great football. I appear to be a spoiled cunt for that

Rolling Eyes

but as Sol and others say, if you had a choice, play nice football and win fuck all or play what's required and win trophies, then it's a fairly easy answer.

I think Spurs is a poor example. Most spurs supporters I know are more than happy with their current situation. They seem to be happy to;
Finish above arsenal
Challenge top four
And have Key players in the England squad..

I'm sure this will change in time, but they are still 'small time' in terms of expectations.

Arsenal is the example of use. The world and their dog will tell you they are a the best English team to watch, even comparing them to Barca Rolling Eyes . But, you speak to any arsenal supporter, they'd give all that up for another league title.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john smith wrote:

Rolling Eyes

you're a fucking hypocrite as well
The Dave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gripe wasn't with his style of play - I've said my piece on that and referred to my general dislike of the bloke in the (tongue-in-cheek - missed by most) paragraph in the original post. My question was his current attitude towards the support.

Are the fans that bad? I've seen most of our games on the box recently and haven't noticed any kind of sustained booing. OT comes across as a morgue most of the time these days but all I've heard is the odd groaning or low-level jeer at a fan favourite being substituted or lousy play - the usual stuff you can get at games. I just don't get why Mourinho is making a big deal of it: I know he lives for arguments and likes creating a siege mentality for his teams, but I didn't realise this extended to starting needless public spats with his own supporters. He could've easily let this slide but he seems to want the friction.

I see MUST want to chat to him to clarify everything so perhaps we'll find out more then.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
My gripe wasn't with his style of play - I've said my piece on that and referred to my general dislike of the bloke in the (tongue-in-cheek - missed by most) paragraph in the original post. My question was his current attitude towards the support.

Are the fans that bad? I've seen most of our games on the box recently and haven't noticed any kind of sustained booing. OT comes across as a morgue most of the time these days but all I've heard is the odd groaning or low-level jeer at a fan favourite being substituted or lousy play - the usual stuff you can get at games. I just don't get why Mourinho is making a big deal of it: I know he lives for arguments and likes creating a siege mentality for his teams, but I didn't realise this extended to starting needless public spats with his own supporters. He could've easily let this slide but he seems to want the friction.

I see MUST want to chat to him to clarify everything so perhaps we'll find out more then.

There are definitely groans and moans from a handful of supporters. Personally, I don't think it sounds worse than any other stadium, but if he feels it is effecting the players he has a right to speak out. Id also question if saying "I hope you enjoy it more" is even criticism of supporters?

Going back to my previous post, the media are creating a false reality (fuck me, I sound like trump). Some united 'supporters' have jumped on the bandwagon and it's bothered him because it has masked what a good job he's actually done.
TOFB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criticism of some of our supporters has been okay with me since that shite last year with Fellaini. We have some utter cunts following our team. Funnily enough, that was against Spuds that time too, maybe some of them are closet Spuds fans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: