m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Benfica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john smith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Benfica Reply with quote

a champions league game, you know the champions league, the pinnacle of professional football, the competition all players want to play in, the competition players leave clubs to join others just to play in, the competition managers judge their careers on.

you know , THAT CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

and not one post about the game last night?

I suppose that's because most of us watched it and would rather forget it ?

not long ago many reds wanted the glazers out, many were prepared to see utd lose to get them out,
well if we carry on playing football as shite as we are the supporters will stop turning up, the media will be uniterested and the corporate sponsors will be turning away .

we may win trophies and the glazers may get bored and fuck off..

win win Wink
Southern Red

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The champions league has been so watered down by 'Europa league' teams that the group stages have become a bit shit.

I'm trying to look at the game positively; We got the job done and the group is all but won without getting out of first gear, so have no excuses when it comes to fatigue. We have a big game Sunday and we picked up no obvious injuries (except maybe lingard, no great loss imo). McTominay got valuable experience.

It wasn't a great performance. But I'll take it if we put in a decent performance and get 3 points against the chavs
Jackl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, with the exception of some real ding dongs (e.g the two games against Barca in 1998), that was a par performance in Euro group matches. Minimum effort, optimum result. Save the legs for later. It's exactly how SAF would have looked at it.

Those who don't like Jose's style will probably not have to put up with it for long. I don't think he's ever stayed at any club more than 3 years. I'm pretty glad we got him, even if it was three years later than it should have been.
Jackl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, with the exception of some real ding dongs (e.g the two games against Barca in 1998), that was a par performance in Euro group matches. Minimum effort, optimum result. Save the legs for later. It's exactly how SAF would have looked at it.

Those who don't like Jose's style will probably not have to put up with it for long. I don't think he's ever stayed at any club more than 3 years. I'm pretty glad we got him, even if it was three years later than it should have been.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Benfica Reply with quote

john smith wrote:

well if we carry on playing football as shite as we are the supporters will stop turning up, the media will be uniterested and the corporate sponsors will be turning away .

you should have been around in the 80's when we were really shite. You and Dave would have fucking loved it you spoilt pair of cunts.
john smith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 52 and I was around in the 80's , I imagine you had a jose tattoo back then already Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john smith wrote:
i'm 52 and I was around in the 80's , I imagine you had a jose tattoo back then already Wink

...and I bet you wore a Le eds shirt back then Wink
Southern Red

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
john smith wrote:

Oi!!! He might be a cunt, but calling him a lid is out of order!!

Wink
Southern Red

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
john smith wrote:

Oi!!! He might be a cunt, but calling him a lid is out of order!!

Wink
The Dave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
The champions league has been so watered down by 'Europa league' teams that the group stages have become a bit shit.

I'm trying to look at the game positively; We got the job done and the group is all but won without getting out of first gear, so have no excuses when it comes to fatigue. We have a big game Sunday and we picked up no obvious injuries (except maybe lingard, no great loss imo). McTominay got valuable experience.

It wasn't a great performance. But I'll take it if we put in a decent performance and get 3 points against the chavs

Yeah that's a fair comment. Between the two league games we've got, an underwhelming CL win can't be knocked. Plus piss-easy groups like this are like watching England in a qualifying campaign: the only times it's exciting is if we're fucking up.

Things will get more interesting in the knock-outs - regardless of how we're playing.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you should have been around in the 80's when we were really shite. You and Dave would have fucking loved it you spoilt pair of cunts.

That argument does my crust in. I was around & just cos we were shite doesn't mean we have to accept mediocrity. Not saying we are either but if people criticise the style of play or the manager doesn't mean they're spoilt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: