m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shellsea
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Red

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some of you got your wish. We tried going toe to toe with them and come up far to short. Perhaps Jose saw thìs coming, and why we have played cautiously over the last few weeks? I said before the game vs the dippers, our defence wasn't as solid as the stats had shown. Hopefully Rojo's return will help?

We looked tired, low on confidence and we are really missing Pogba. What the fuck has happened to him? We also need Zlatan back. The players feed off his confidence and, with Lukaku struggling, he's an ideal player to take the pressure off him.

Although there are negatives, positives are on the horizon. Once key players start returning from injury we should see improvements.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was Fellaini like when he came on! Lol - gave it away on the edge of our box, then again 25 yards out, then turned & managed to hitt a pass my 10 year old could have managed straight out of play... absolutely woeful.

Get up in their box so we can lump it at you... know your limitations.
Nicolae

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:

The Portuguese Pulis tactics in a nutshell Very Happy Very Happy

Away games at top 6 sides since TPP arrived:

P 7
W 0
D 3
L 4
scored 1 goal
lew956

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herrera is our Xhaka, proper little pussy. There was a point at the end of the game granted, where Chelsea are on the break and Herrera spots the danger but instead of sprinting back to cover he gives up and walks.
This is the problem with this group of players, they just don't care as much as squads under SAF.
The Dave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
What was Fellaini like when he came on! Lol - gave it away on the edge of our box, then again 25 yards out, then turned & managed to hitt a pass my 10 year old could have managed straight out of play... absolutely woeful.

I reckon we should sign Crouch in the January transfer window. He does pretty much the same job but at least he stays out of the way most of the time.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
tafkaf wrote:

I reckon we should sign Crouch in the January transfer window. He does pretty much the same job but at least he stays out of the way most of the time.
We going to jump on Fellaini's back now??

Fuck me, the guy has just come back from injury, possibly rushed back due to our recent struggles, lacking match fitness and we are jumping on his back 'coz it stood out like a sore thumb.

I've been hugely critical of him in the past, but he's been hugely improved this season and is a good member of the squad. Give him a break.
Hertford Red

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
The Dave wrote:
tafkaf wrote:

Fuck me, the guy has just come back from injury, possibly rushed back due to our recent struggles, lacking match fitness and we are jumping on his back 'coz it stood out like a sore thumb.

I've been hugely critical of him in the past, but he's been hugely improved this season and is a good member of the squad. Give him a break.

Good Point the Hairy one has been vastly improved on last year
The Dave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
The Dave wrote:
tafkaf wrote:

I thought we were just commenting on the poor performance of a player with many to his name. And acknowledging his strengths too.

Perhaps we should've just strung together a load of glib clichés instead?
tafkaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back from injury & not being match fit prevents a 27 million pound international footballer from receiving a 10 yard pass, turning under no pressure & passing it 20 yards to a team mate. Lol.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
Getting back from injury & not being match fit prevents a 27 million pound international footballer from receiving a 10 yard pass, turning under no pressure & passing it 20 yards to a team mate. Lol.

For a second I thought you were referring to Lukaku. Then i remembered the fee paid was far more and he is match fit. What's his excuse? Why not get on his back? Or Hererras? mhyki's? Or any other player that are not playing well? You go for Fellaini 'coz he's an easy target, 'coz of past season's.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down dear. I'm not on anyone's back.

I'd have a "pop" at lukaku if he actually received a decent pass every once in a while.

It is so obvious that Fellaini can't sort his feet out even when fully fit... he's handy as a battering ram... the few times he asked for the ball on the deck on Sunday, he just gave it away. That's all. Not having a pop, just a fact.
Red Snow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am finding Mr Southern Red's arguments quite convincing.

Cheerful Sid
tafkaf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not. It's "whataboutery".

Herrera is 10 times the player Fellaini is for a start. Arguably our best performer last season.
Jackl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Felli's a square peg in any hole really but he's one hell of an option at times and what Jose likes about him is he buys into the manager's plans and tries to implement them. I think he has done well generally.

Herrera's role has been supplanted to some extent by Matic and Mata's by Mkhi. Our most successful times early season were with Matic, Pogba and Mata in midfield and Mkhi at 10 behind Lukaku and Rashford / Martial.

It looks as if Matic is a given and when Pogba back it will be between Herrera and Mata for the extra midfield berth. Hopefully Mkhi will also then start to play again.

Felli will be a plan B again or a starter in those games which require height and brawn. Ander looks vulnerable now, despite last season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: