m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best line up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Best line up? Reply with quote

With Zlatan back, how do we squeeze him into the squad?

Personally I'd like to see a line up of;

DDG

Valencia
Bailey
Jones/Rojo
Young

Rashford
Matic
Pogba
Martial

Lukaku
Zlatan
dark-shade-of-red

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd play Zlatan part-time.

Your line-up, but with Mkhi behind Lukaku.

I'm convinced that Mkhi will improve once the rest of the squad is fully fit. He's one of those players that will only shine if the likes of Pogba, Rash and Martial around him are fully fit and on form.

I also still have faith Shaw will come good. I still don't know if he's injured, unfit or just been a naughty boy and is made to be patient for his chance as Young is playing the best football of his career arguably.

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark-shade-of-red wrote:

I'm convinced that Mkhi will improve once the rest of the squad is fully fit. He's one of those players that will only shine if the likes of Pogba, Rash and Martial around him are fully fit and on form.

I also still have faith Shaw will come good. I still don't know if he's injured, unfit or just been a naughty boy and is made to be patient for his chance as Young is playing the best football of his career arguably.

I'm not sure Zlatan will take a bit part role. He'll push himself to start, and I think he'll play at least 50% of our remaining games.

But yes, Mhky defo comes into his own when he has the right players around him, but so does Mata, who I thought was pretty good yesterday.

Shaw, again, I agree. The fact he made the bench when we have other options suggests to me he is on the verge of regaining Jose's trust. However, Young has been excellent at LB/LWB and Shaw will have to go some to dislodge him. I think we might see him start Wednesday though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine Zlatan, Rojo and Pogba will all start on Wednesday v Basel.

If Shaw doesn't, I suspect he really has no future at Utd.
Jackl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
dark-shade-of-red wrote:

I'm not sure Zlatan will take a bit part role. He'll push himself to start, and I think he'll play at least 50% of our remaining games.

But yes, Mhky defo comes into his own when he has the right players around him, but so does Mata, who I thought was pretty good yesterday.

Shaw, again, I agree. The fact he made the bench when we have other options suggests to me he is on the verge of regaining Jose's trust. However, Young has been excellent at LB/LWB and Shaw will have to go some to dislodge him. I think we might see him start Wednesday though.

I would find some difficulty with Zlatan at 10. We need quicker options I feel. I agree that a fit and firing Mkhi is probably best there.

I could see that SR's team might work for inferior opposition but those which will expect a reasonable share of possession might well find it relatively open.

With regard to Shaw I just wish Jose would give the lad a chance. Before his injury he looked set to have a brilliant season and he has obviously done enough to get himself back on to the bench so why not give him the games he needs to show what he can do? Basel, Brighton, CSKA?

I am really not in favour of going out and buying someone like Rose when there is clearly a younger and equally good if not better prospect already here. He does seem set up to play wing back. Ashley Young has done very well and has proved himself a much better and more committed player than he was originally thought to be but he is coming to the end of his career and neither Daley Blind nor Darmian are the answer. Demi Mitchell is coming through perhaps but I doubt Shaw is older than him either. Give him a decent go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: