m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the arse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john smith wrote:

to say our defending was woeful is strange, when a side comes at you and has that many chances and so much possession as Arsenal did ,and you only conceded one goal, that's not woeful it's fucking brilliant, Linderolf has gone from Prunier to Stam in a few weeks...

To concede that many shots against any team is poor. We got a bit lucky as arsenals finishing was poor. If city have 33 shots against us it turns into a cricket score.

It did make it entertaining though, and if we beat city doing that there will be no complaints from me.
Nicolae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not often I enjoy a (none City ) PL game, but that was a belter.

Was it great defending? No, not really
Was it great attacking? No, not really
Were they great goals? No, not really
Was it amazing skill? No, not really

Was it entertaining? Hell yeah, it was a great advert for PL football and showed why it's the most watched league in the world

The home team having 75% possession and 33 attempts on goal and losing 1-3, only in England.

Absolutely appaling first 10 mins defending from the Arse but that's the first time I've seen them not collapse like the shit houses they usually are

DDG - outstanding performance and probably would have been 4-3 were it not for his heroics

ROLL ON NEXT WEEKEND!!
Very Happy Very Happy
north country boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolae wrote:
Not often I enjoy a (none City ) PL game, but that was a belter.

Was it great defending? No, not really
Was it great attacking? No, not really
Were they great goals? No, not really
Was it amazing skill? No, not really

Was it entertaining? Hell yeah, it was a great advert for PL football and showed why it's the most watched league in the world

The home team having 75% possession and 33 attempts on goal and losing 1-3, only in England.

Absolutely appaling first 10 mins defending from the Arse but that's the first time I've seen them not collapse like the shit houses they usually are

DDG - outstanding performance and probably would have been 4-3 were it not for his heroics

ROLL ON NEXT WEEKEND!!
Very Happy Very Happy

Still obsessed. Plus ca change
tafkaf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCB - i'm going Sasha on 16 dec in town. Not sure if you're a house head but if you're going let me know and we'll have a pint.
north country boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heading Sasha man, few gigs coming up though so we make it happen... Mate got me a ticket for Moz, you heading to that?

Have ya heard Fontaines yet? Not bad at all, check em out:

https://www.Butt Lube.com/watch?v=ERKJ7Eq5rD4
Jackl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to join the chorus of those who think that wasn't a red card. I can't even see it as a foul and agree with SR that the late lunging attempt at a header which laid out Matic was more so.

I felt Bellerin spread himself in the sideways splits to stop Pogba going either way rather than challenge for the ball. P got the ball, dinked it over the outstretched left leg and came down on it with the follow through.

I can't agree that you can always control that type of contact and it wasn't so bad anyway as it was portrayed. Of course I didn't say too much at the time largely because discretion gets the better part of valour if one is s sitting in "foreign" hospitality which very quickly became hostility. Mind, I've had worse at Newcastle.
The Dave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pogba meant that. Usually I'd say that was a yellow at worst for a 'clumsy' challenge but he'd already taken a wild swing at some Arsenal player just a couple of minutes before, so I'd say he was charged up enough to leave his boot in on purpose.

Great game, but only cos we won. Very Happy If De Gea hadn't been as sharp as he was I imagine the mood would be very different - we've looked shaky sitting back in our last two matches and I suspect our next opponents will punish us more ruthlessly for doing the same. Hopefully that means we'll just keep the ball in their half all game. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't entirely think Pogba meant to catch Bellerin like he did, he seemed to be stretching to prod the ball. Still, can't really argue with the red card.

I was fucking livid with Darmain however, at 2-1 he came on and within minutes he quite easily (and probably rightly) could have cost us a penalty. Knob.
Sol the Red

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished celebrating that win. Immense. We can kick on from that, hopefully. The players still lack that last few percent of confidence in themselves.

Pogba's red card was bollocks. A yellow maybe for not trying to get out of the way but when a player does the splits leaving a trailing leg in front of somoene who is stretching for the ball, what the fuck does the ref expect? There was no way Pogba set out to stamp on the cunt, as is obvious in the replays.

Did he leave his foot in? Maybe but the shithouse Gooner cocksucker caused the incident with a stupid non-tackle in the first place, just moments after rugby tackling Young. I only wish Pogba had kicked the little shit's balls straight out of his scrotum if he was going to get a red anyway. Typical Arsenal coward. So glad we beat them. I hope a few journos at the Daily Mirror hanged themselves afterwards.

Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
north country boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else see Alli’s tackle yday against city? Fuckin joke, exactly ike Pogba’s if not worse and only got a yellow Rolling Eyes
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

north country boy wrote:
Anyone else see Alli’s tackle yday against city? Fuckin joke, exactly ike Pogba’s if not worse and only got a yellow Rolling Eyes

The only thing wrong with that tackle... he was still able to get up and score a goal afterwards...

KDB shouldn't even have been on the pitch, if the referees applied the letter of the law correctly. Clearly seen and heard shouting "fuck off" at the lino. Foul and abusive language is supposed to be a straight red card. I fully expect the FA to look into it and ban punish him the same as they punished Rooney for swearing into a camera.

They have been getting away with quite a few niggly things, but it doesn't fit the media agenda so it often goes unnoticed/unpunished
The Dave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
KDB shouldn't even have been on the pitch, if the referees applied the letter of the law correctly. Clearly seen and heard shouting "fuck off" at the lino. Foul and abusive language is supposed to be a straight red card. I fully expect the FA to look into it and ban punish him the same as they punished Rooney for swearing into a camera.

They have been getting away with quite a few niggly things, but it doesn't fit the media agenda so it often goes unnoticed/unpunished

Are you serious?
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
Southern Red wrote:

Are you serious?

Yes, absolutely serious.
The Dave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
The Dave wrote:
Southern Red wrote:

Are you serious?

Yes, absolutely serious.

Good on you. Cos quality players like De Bruyne shouldn't be allowed to boss games like he was. They should be sent straight off for daring to moan at the officials when dirty little turds like Deli Alli try to break their ankles. The nerve of it.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
The Dave wrote:
Southern Red wrote:

Are you serious?

Yes, absolutely serious.

Good on you. Cos quality players like De Bruyne shouldn't be allowed to boss games like he was. They should be sent straight off for daring to moan at the officials when dirty little turds like Deli Alli try to break their ankles. The nerve of it.

Since when did being a very good footballer make you immune to the rules? And it was nothing to do with the Alli incident...

If that had been a united player, or, heaven forbid, Jose, it would be the big talking point. Bans would've been thrown around all over the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: