m-u-f-c Message Board

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Livermore incident

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2396
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Livermore incident Reply with quote

For those that haven't heard about it, Livermore confronted enter the stand to confront a supporter and had to be pulled away by stewards after a supporter mocked the death of his son.

What's everyone's opinion on this? I can't help but think back to Eric's kick and the lengthy ban that followed. Although I don't think he got to the supporter, the intent was there. But, given the circumstances, should he be banned?
If not, why not? At what point is it acceptable to react like that?

Did the FA open a can of worms when they dealt with Eric?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
john smith



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Posts: 6746

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if west ham have the balls they should condone what livermore did, fine and ban the cunt who said it and say they have nothing but pity and sorrow for Livermore , and foresee no need for any action what so ever .
_________________
People say I'm condescending. That means i talk down to people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m42her



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Posts: 2076

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john smith wrote:
if west ham have the balls they should condone what livermore did, fine and ban the cunt who said it and say they have nothing but pity and sorrow for Livermore , and foresee no need for any action what so ever .


Agree 100%.
_________________
"I'm a massive blue, you'll probably find there's none bigger" - Ricky Hatton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1999



Joined: 14 Feb 2004
Posts: 3628
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Ham are cunts, their fans, their owners and their fucking manager.
_________________
This is Manchester, we do things differently here.
- Anthony H. Wilson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chubby



Joined: 18 Dec 2003
Posts: 3630

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of despicable cunt mocks a man for the death of his infant child? I hope West Ham ban the cunt for life and the papers name and shame him. Football is a tribal affair, but there are certain lines of decency that no matter how partisan you are you shouldn’t cross. What is it about football that makes some fans think that all abuse is fair game.
_________________
Nic... I dare say you could kick everyone's arse on Mastermind with United as your specialist subject.... Pedantic wank-wipe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stig



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Posts: 4490

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ban him and name him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red Snow



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 2181
Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Livermore incident Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
For those that haven't heard about it, Livermore confronted enter the stand to confront a supporter and had to be pulled away by stewards after a supporter mocked the death of his son.

What's everyone's opinion on this? I can't help but think back to Eric's kick and the lengthy ban that followed. Although I don't think he got to the supporter, the intent was there. But, given the circumstances, should he be banned?
If not, why not? At what point is it acceptable to react like that?

Did the FA open a can of worms when they dealt with Eric?



Should Livermore be banned? Yes. Eric was - that was racial abuse, this is a sick fuck taunting him about his dead child. There's a difference but ultimately they both attacked a fan. For there not to be consequences, even a slap on the wrist, means the FA believes violence against fans is acceptable under certain circumstances - maybe it is, but as things stand, he should be banned, even if it is for one game, and a suspended sentence.

Was Livermore right to attack the fan? Absolutely 100% fucking YES.

I'm going to stop typing in case I say something stupid in my fury.
_________________
"United's success has generated its wealth; City's wealth has generated its success. Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dark-shade-of-red



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 5764
Location: Wiltshire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Livermore incident Reply with quote

Red Snow wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
For those that haven't heard about it, Livermore confronted enter the stand to confront a supporter and had to be pulled away by stewards after a supporter mocked the death of his son.

What's everyone's opinion on this? I can't help but think back to Eric's kick and the lengthy ban that followed. Although I don't think he got to the supporter, the intent was there. But, given the circumstances, should he be banned?
If not, why not? At what point is it acceptable to react like that?

Did the FA open a can of worms when they dealt with Eric?



Should Livermore be banned? Yes. Eric was - that was racial abuse, this is a sick fuck taunting him about his dead child. There's a difference but ultimately they both attacked a fan. For there not to be consequences, even a slap on the wrist, means the FA believes violence against fans is acceptable under certain circumstances - maybe it is, but as things stand, he should be banned, even if it is for one game, and a suspended sentence.

Was Livermore right to attack the fan? Absolutely 100% fucking YES.

I'm going to stop typing in case I say something stupid in my fury.


Livermore did not go anywhere near the fan, he went to confront him.

Who knows what he would have done (sure we can guess) but I don’t think him approaching the fan would constitute a ban. A literal ‘slap on wrist’ is all he should get and the fan named, shamed and banned from all football grounds.
_________________
"United's success has generated its wealth; City's wealth has generated its success. Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red Snow



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 2181
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read the news closely, it's too horrible a story. I was under the impression he actually attacked the fan. In that, you're right DSOR, definitely a slap on the wrist.
_________________
"United's success has generated its wealth; City's wealth has generated its success. Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tafkaf



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 6411

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What planet are you on? "Ooooh our player got banned , so should he..."

For fucks sake.

He shouldn't even be facing any sort of sanction over this. Pity he didn't get to the cunt and absolutely batter him. I
_________________
We have some right mardy twats as fans, Chubby is the worst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red Snow



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 2181
Location: London

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
What planet are you on? "Ooooh our player got banned , so should he..."

For fucks sake.

He shouldn't even be facing any sort of sanction over this. Pity he didn't get to the cunt and absolutely batter him. I


Fair cop. I don't want to see him banned and think he would have been right to knock the twat out.
_________________
"United's success has generated its wealth; City's wealth has generated its success. Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tafkaf



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 6411

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah sorry, even aside from this one, I just have a pain in my arse with fans getting precious if a player gives some stick back. I'd slaughter a cunt if he insulted me for an hour & I scored...
_________________
We have some right mardy twats as fans, Chubby is the worst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2396
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
What planet are you on? "Ooooh our player got banned , so should he..."

For fucks sake.

He shouldn't even be facing any sort of sanction over this. Pity he didn't get to the cunt and absolutely batter him. I


My post wasn't about tit for tat. I have no problem with Livermores reaction.

Eric's incident was far worse, but, like livermores it was sparked by him getting abused by a fan.

Where do you draw the line? Should we call anyone we don't like a "scouse bastard"? Can we sing "Danny rose is a wanker". What if RVP reacted to the rapist chants from arsenal? What about racist/homophobic abuse? At what point can the FA turn a blind eye to a player reacting like that? And isn't it sending the wrong message is they just do nothing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
john smith



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Posts: 6746

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a line between banter and down right abuse.
it's often blurred at a football game, but it's fairly well accepted what the rules are.
as a guide

you black cunt - not accepted
you ginger cunt - readily accepted
you fat bastard - humurous
i hope your kids die of cancer and you wife is raped by a thousand maniacs and dies - not really acceptable is it.

Wink
_________________
People say I'm condescending. That means i talk down to people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group