m-u-f-c Message Board

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VAR - again

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2221
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: VAR - again Reply with quote

I was always unsure of whether I wanted it in the game, but I've made up my mind now. I don't want it.

The right decision will be given in most cases, but the system just seems a mess. Although i get the teething problems, I just think if it's going to be used, it should be used for everything, which would ruin the game.

Could you imagine if The legend that is Ole's goal in 99 went to VAR? That moment where we all probably jumped around like absolute goons... that moment would have been lost.

I before this system comes in, which it probably will, I want to see a similar review system but one based on an appeals. The minute a player screams "foul" at the ref, it goes to VAR. If the player is right, you keep your appeal. I think this would lead to a much more honest game. Every decision has the potential to be questioned. Players would stop chasing the ref, showing imaginary cards and perhaps even diving and faking injury would eventually die out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
john smith



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Posts: 6622

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree SR,

i know a moto that goes "if it aint Broke , don't fix it"

this is a case in point ,
just because we now live in a technology advanced world, does not mean we have to have it in every area of our lives.
we've been over this before on here and i doubt many people will have changed opinions given what we have seen so far.

in my life time, i can probably count a few decisions where history was altered by a bad decision or where a fault could have been cleared up
Lids offside that stopped them winning the title
Geoff hurst 66
maradonna hand of god , history isn't my strong point so after that i'm struggling.... Embarassed

but honestly do we have to have every decision absolutely 100% right. it's a sport played by humans, refereed by humans, watched by humans ..therefore it has human error, it's part of the game, its part of life ffs ..

i am waiting for the time when a side is 1-0 with 5 mins to go and they start demanding a VAR decision to simply waste time.
or when Conte sees a goal ruled out and he runs screaming down the pitch to demand the TV is reviewed , all his players and staff halt the game to go watch a tv and they will all have a different opinion, as they berate the 4th official, when the guy who made the call is in a studio miles away......
or what is to stop a side , for example Utd, employing someone to sit in the stand with monitors watching every milliscond of each game and if an incident occurs that the officials don't respond to they signal the bench, who signal a player on the pitch, who then demands the ref looks at VAR to rule a decision no one else even saw.

the fact is i was enjoying watching the rat munching cunts get beat last night in the West Brom cup, and VAR fucking spoiled it Mad Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
People say I'm condescending. That means i talk down to people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
north country boy



Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 2748
Location: in the area

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it.

Been rowing with a mate of mine all morning about it. As much as we all hate what the game has become - with wages/agents/money etc - I used to take comfort from the fact that you could still sit down for 90 minutes and immerse yourself in the game. But there’s no chance of that with VAR.

Goal goes in... you can’t even really celebrate cus you’re waiting to see if VAR is gonna pop up!

I’m all for goal line technology, but two of those decisions last night I didn’t even agree with... Now both of them went Murdering Scum’s way but that has nothing to do with it!!
_________________
4-4-2 > 3-5-2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
john smith



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Posts: 6622

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

north country boy wrote:
I hate it.

Been rowing with a mate of mine all morning about it. As much as we all hate what the game has become - with wages/agents/money etc - I used to take comfort from the fact that you could still sit down for 90 minutes and immerse yourself in the game. But there’s no chance of that with VAR.

Goal goes in... you can’t even really celebrate cus you’re waiting to see if VAR is gonna pop up!

I’m all for goal line technology, but two of those decisions last night I didn’t even agree with... Now both of them went Murdering Scum’s way but that has nothing to do with it!!


please tell me one was the Salah penalty ?? he hardly got touched, threw himmself down and VAR gives a penalty !!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
_________________
People say I'm condescending. That means i talk down to people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
north country boy



Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 2748
Location: in the area

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john smith wrote:
north country boy wrote:
I hate it.

Been rowing with a mate of mine all morning about it. As much as we all hate what the game has become - with wages/agents/money etc - I used to take comfort from the fact that you could still sit down for 90 minutes and immerse yourself in the game. But there’s no chance of that with VAR.

Goal goes in... you can’t even really celebrate cus you’re waiting to see if VAR is gonna pop up!

I’m all for goal line technology, but two of those decisions last night I didn’t even agree with... Now both of them went Murdering Scum’s way but that has nothing to do with it!!


please tell me one was the Salah penalty ?? he hardly got touched, threw himmself down and VAR gives a penalty !!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad


Yeah that one. And Dawson’s disallowed goal (think it was Dawson anyway)
_________________
4-4-2 > 3-5-2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
The Dave



Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1414

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with pretty much everything here. I've always hated the idea of VAR and all my nightmares are now coming true.

The saddest thing is that - going off what you hear from pundits and journos - the contracts have already been signed, and this 'trial' period is just a sham for something that's gonna be rolled out come what may.

There does seem to be a lot of dissent coming from big names within the game though. Perhaps if supporters showed their feelings too we might, just might be able to stop this onslaught of seemingly unstoppable technology before it's too late.

Sadly, after seeing countless times how useless the football community is at coming together to fight anything, I won't be holding my breath.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2221
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the lines my lad drew on my tv suggested Mata was onside Rolling Eyes .

Letter of the law etc he was probably offside but a simple yes/no answer is blurred because it was so close to call. Unless it can be 100% correct, no doubt at all, it's not worth waiting 5 minutes for the answer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
john smith



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Posts: 6622

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the f a , bbc, sky tv, and every man and his dog justified it by saying "the correct decision was made"

well that makes it all right then.......... Rolling Eyes
the ref , linesman, defenders, attackers , managers, supporters etc etc all thought it was a fair goal
yet some bloke, 1 man , sat 345 miles away decieds to step in.

and we are all supposed to feel this is the correct way for football to go..

bollocks. VAR is doing the game no favours whatsoever imho Evil or Very Mad
_________________
People say I'm condescending. That means i talk down to people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jarzinio



Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Posts: 808
Location: Manchesterish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it continues to take that long to make decisions it will completely kill the atmosphere.
They need to limit the incidents that it should be used and in my opinion only incidents inside the box.
If there is dangerous play and an incident takes place we already have the retrospective punishment system in place
_________________
Mobile phones ringing in the pockets of the dead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stig



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Posts: 4397

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been in favour of it. But it seems to be so badly implemented that I have now changed my mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkeye



Joined: 18 Dec 2003
Posts: 2987

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, let me state my position on this topic. I do NOT want VAR or any review system f*cking up football. At all. Ever!

But since one of the four* conditions under which it is used is "penalty decisions", why wasn't it implemented a few weeks ago when that dirty bastard Kongolo clotheslined McTominay at Old Trafford? How did he get away without a red card? And why was there no retrospective punishment seeing as how that clown of a ref took no action?

The same weekend, MotD spent about five minutes dissecting the many incidents in the dippers v. Spurs game (including the interminable VAR incidents) and virtually no mention of the assault on Scott McT. I was under the impression VAR was supposed to make the game safer and fairer. It seems to me it's just one more weapon to be used in shafting United.

*Thin end of the wedge. Before you know it, the dippers will be demanding use of it to get a re-take of the coin toss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Sol the Red



Joined: 20 Dec 2003
Posts: 3945

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
Firstly, let me state my position on this topic. I do NOT want VAR or any review system f*cking up football. At all. Ever!

But since one of the four* conditions under which it is used is "penalty decisions", why wasn't it implemented a few weeks ago when that dirty bastard Kongolo clotheslined McTominay at Old Trafford? How did he get away without a red card? And why was there no retrospective punishment seeing as how that clown of a ref took no action?

The same weekend, MotD spent about five minutes dissecting the many incidents in the dippers v. Spurs game (including the interminable VAR incidents) and virtually no mention of the assault on Scott McT. I was under the impression VAR was supposed to make the game safer and fairer. It seems to me it's just one more weapon to be used in shafting United.

*Thin end of the wedge. Before you know it, the dippers will be demanding use of it to get a re-take of the coin toss.


Post.
_________________
"United's success has generated its wealth; City's wealth has generated its success.

Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Dave



Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1414

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
Firstly, let me state my position on this topic. I do NOT want VAR or any review system f*cking up football. At all. Ever!

But since one of the four* conditions under which it is used is "penalty decisions", why wasn't it implemented a few weeks ago when that dirty bastard Kongolo clotheslined McTominay at Old Trafford? How did he get away without a red card? And why was there no retrospective punishment seeing as how that clown of a ref took no action?

The same weekend, MotD spent about five minutes dissecting the many incidents in the dippers v. Spurs game (including the interminable VAR incidents) and virtually no mention of the assault on Scott McT. I was under the impression VAR was supposed to make the game safer and fairer. It seems to me it's just one more weapon to be used in shafting United.

*Thin end of the wedge. Before you know it, the dippers will be demanding use of it to get a re-take of the coin toss.


Those were league games weren't they? VAR is limited to ruining FA Cup matches this season. Although I think the ref could have still looked at the McTominay incident after.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group