m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spuds tomorrow
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones and Smalling should never be played together, they simply can't be trusted.

What the fuck is going on with Bailly? And surely Rojo is a natural choice for the left side of centre back?
Jackl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
cobhrambler wrote:

Hand Citeh the trophy now..

Isn't it ironic that nic's arguments to city's lottery win and city's spending was that it gives small clubs a chance to join the 'elite' and will help close the gap. What it has done is created a new elite that even the biggest clubs in the world cannot compete with.

Give city/psg their own league and cup and let them play "who's got the biggest wallet" somewhere else

Whoa SR! I understand the frustration but it's not City's fault that Spurs were better than us. Nor PSG's. Neither can you close off to other clubs the possibility of promotion simply because it upsets the status quo.

Granted it needs some control or it will cease to be as relevant and, therefore, popular as it is now and it will wither on the vine but the way is not to cut off access to the top for all but the established few. Corinthians and Wanderers would still be running the show. I am sure you know that.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. Sure city will always be city , they haven't dominated since the Arab money & t don't think they will. PSG probably different cos Ligue 1 is shite. But all that money still causes trouble in their camp when it comes to the serious stuff.

Actually, it's not the money cos everyone is paying huge amounts... maybe just that PSG have zero tradition or any history whatsoever so it is purely mercenary.
Nicolae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
Isn't it ironic that nic's arguments to city's lottery win and city's spending was that it gives small clubs a chance to join the 'elite' and will help close the gap. What it has done is created a new elite that even the biggest clubs in the world cannot compete with.

Give city/psg their own league and cup and let them play "who's got the biggest wallet" somewhere else

aww diddums, someone has spent as much as we have and we can't compete and it's unfair Sad You still have top two most expensive PL signings ever

Pogba
Lukaku
Van Djik
Keita
Di Maria
De Bruyne
Laporte
Aubameyang
Sterling
Morata

and in the last 5 years, we have spent £101M per season nett. You have spent £88M nett. £13M a season more than you is hardly a king's ransom is it

You pay approx £100K pw per player, exactly the same as our wage bill and about £15M for the manager, same as ours. So maybe money ISN'T the problem or main difference at all, maybe, just maybe it's something else?
tafkaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you lot never learn?

You open the boredom door & he appears.....
lew956

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
Jones and Smalling should never be played together, they simply can't be trusted.

What the fuck is going on with Bailly? And surely Rojo is a natural choice for the left side of centre back?

Rojo still not 100% from injury last season. Bailly out until March if i'm not mistaken.

Smalling & Jones not good enough as a partnership, in the summer I think it's time to sell one of them, Jones would be my choice to go.
north country boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rojo is as much an accident waiting to happen as Smalling & Jones.

Our best hope is Lindelof & Bailly.

Heard rumours of Varane for 2/3s the price of van Dijk... that’d be a bargain
john smith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jones is a grafter , a stick your head where others won't and just defend, don't try do anything else, he can't pass , he often mistimes tackles and over all he is a liability in the modern game, great bloke who'd put himself on the line for the side, but as likely to score an og or give away a penalty every game.

smalling is slightly more a cultured center half who occasionally looks the real deal, but 80% of the time he looks like it's his first ever game. The number of times he has the ball, has no obvious pass and so he carries it out, suddenly he realises he has gone waaaaay too far, and you can literally see him shit himself and suddenly look for the nearest red shirt to pass to!!! i'm sure i once saw him panic and just kick it out of play Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

when you remember we have been lucky down the years, Martin Buchan, steve Bruce, Pally,Laurent Blanc Staam, Rio , even the likes or Ronnie Johnson or Johnny evans would get in todays side.even Willie Prunier would give Jones a run for his money.

i agree that possibly Bailly , Linderolf or Rojo would work better if un injured or given chance.
rojo was an accident waiting to happen in his first season, but he fought Diego Costa last season and won , not many did that, and he looks to have learned a lot .

i feel Jose favoured Jones and Smalling against spurs because they were up against Kane ,and he felt they would know his game, he had a quiet game and he didn't score,,,,,,,, but that's besides the point i suppose.

Confused
lew956

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rojo and Bailly are individually better than both Smalling and Jones.

You're correct about Smalling, sometimes he looks very good, can play with the ball, commands the back line, quick, great in the air, strong as anyone. Other times, he looks lost. Under Van Gaal he was class & I thought he was going to develop into a world class center back.

Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of Jones, think he's out of his league at United & his injury record is awful. Every time he has a good run of games/ form he gets injured & goes missing for 6 weeks & it's rinse & repeat from there. Not good enough in my opinion. Rojo & Bailly are both better options.

Linderolf is great with the ball, best baller we have at the back. Going to be a good player, whether it's at United i'm not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: