m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seville
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john smith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Seville Reply with quote

perhaps the style of play Huddersfield was no accident, and was being tested as a format for our euro games?

sit deeper, defend further back, less possession ,counter attack .

it wouldn't be the first utd have relied on swift counter attacking football.

whether this collection of players have the ability to carry it off we will have to see.

given all the above and our recent away form i would say a 1-1 would be a great result.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what to expect.

If everything clicks we are capable of a big win. But, for what ever reason, things are not clicking at the moment and we seem to be making hard work of things.

Away, knockout stages of the CL, a draw would be acceptable IMO.
Diablo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8min of utter shit. Surely it can only get better?
Shocked
Hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not unhappy with that. A goal would have been nice but 0-0 away is always an acceptable result. Apart from one momentary lapse which was averted by our Spanish saviour, (cheers, Dave) we were never really threatened. Shout-out to the often-maligned Victor Lindelof who had a solid game, apart from his tendency towards wayward passing.

Pogba needs a good kick up the hole though.
Hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANd we still have Bailly to come back into the side.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A solid performance. Decent result.

Agree with Hawkeye on lindelof. I have been hugely critical of him, but he is defiantly improving.
Diablo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the end result wasn't bad, but my God...I needed an adrenaline shot and some matchsticks for my eyes.

I wish I lit them.

Hopefully Old Trafford will be a whole different story.
TOFB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draw is a good result.

Performance was utter dogshit. For a bunch of highly paid, supposedly highly skilled athletes we could barely string two passes together and looked like we were given the run around by a decent Sevilla side who barely make an impression on La Liga. Performance is not good enough no matter what Jose says or thinks.

Pogba will be gone in the summer.
john smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOFB wrote:
Draw is a good result.

Performance was utter dogshit. For a bunch of highly paid, supposedly highly skilled athletes we could barely string two passes together and looked like we were given the run around by a decent Sevilla side who barely make an impression on La Liga. Performance is not good enough no matter what Jose says or thinks.

Pogba will be gone in the summer.

as meatloaf would say

"you took the words right out of my mouth..."
let's forget the next line though ..
tafkaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven’t Seville got a great home record? Lost 1 in 35 or something? Or is that propaganda?
Hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s incredibly annoying though is when the BT Sport commentators churn out brain numbing statistics like it’s American football, almost daring someone to defy them: “David de Gea is currently on xxx clean sheets for United” or “Sevilla have never lost to a team who normally wear red on a Wednesday in February when there’s a number 8 in the year” or “Jose Mourinho has a 100% record against teams wearing black socks” or some shite like that. Here’s a little tip lads: if you have nothing intelligent to say, shut the f*ck up.
north country boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit on a stick football. Absolutely uninspiring. The investment over the last few years and that's what we get.

Anyone about to type "But its better than Moyes and LVG" don't waster your time. That shouldn't be the barometer.

0-0 away to Sevilla is a great result. But that performance was fucking awful. Fair enough if we go away with a defensive master-class and dig in for 0-0... but that was just long ball nonsense, ride our luck and hope DDG bails us out if/when they get a chance.

The Calypso shouldn't be played at OT while Mourinho is in charge. This isn't football taught by Matt Busby. Its barely fucking football.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the most one eyed red amongst us must be finding it hard to defend the “style” of play at this stage. It’s just crap to watch. 90 Day Fiancé on TLC was looking appealing at 8:30 last night. Crying or Very sad
Stig

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I didn't see it.
The Dave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH a performance like that, away from home in the first leg of a European tie, is not uncommon. The problem is that's exactly the same way we'd play at home in the league against relegation fodder too.

It's fucking horrible, and IMO it's getting close to the lows of the van Gaal era. I don't get excited about watching us any more; I don't expect anything entertaining to happen in our games; before kick off I'm not thinking "Great - the best part of my week is about to begin!" - instead I feel like I'm waiting for my flight at an airport and have just heard the announcement that there's a two-hour delay. Suck it in and see it through.

A Luton-supporting mate texted me at HT last night: "Watching United reminds me of when Joe Kinnear was in charge and I couldn't bare to watch anymore. Hoof!"

IMO Mourinho will be gone within the next 18 months. Not because we're unsuccessful, but because we're so uninspiring to watch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: