m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brighton
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Red

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Brighton Reply with quote

I won't be happy with anything less than a excellent performance complemented with a win.

What we'll probably get is another half-arsed shit show and scab a win.

If we don't win the cup this are we really any better off than LVGs second season? I tried convincing myself, and others, we've made progress but after Tuesday I'm not quite sure
tafkaf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly the game we find tough. Brighton are decent & well coached. I like Hughton a lot. He has already said he doesn’t want Irish job which shows he’s smart (lol).

I’d love a good old fashioned 2 up after an hour... but it’s a nil all ht as usual for me. First goal vital. Standard.
john smith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after the shite that was served up on Tuesday ,i honestly feel we are entitled to accept nothing other than a balls out, give all we have ,play with pride the utd way and restore some order , make amends to the fans display .

sadly that's not Jose style, it's all about him . earlier this season he slagged fans off for not supporting him, the other night he did everything rather than accept he had fucked up big time.
i thoroughly expect him to pick a reserve side and get us knocked out to prove a point. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

quite frankly nothing would surprise me, it's a circus and he is the ring master. sadly we only seem to have clowns to the left and the right at the moment. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john smith wrote:
...we only seem to have clowns to the left and the right at the moment. Sad

how could you forget Jones and Smalling?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, OT has become a fucking joke of a ground. If they ever did a football version of Spinal Tap, Old Trafford would be the perfect setting. What, with the 'Glory Glory Man United' belting out after we draw 0-0 with Burton Albion, and the 'Nick-Nack Paddy-whack' brigade in full voice, it makes me fucking cringe.
Diablo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
john smith wrote:

Isn't it "Jokers to the right"?

Anyway...if Sanchez plays...he will have a pass completion rate of 23% (a PB). The team average will be 45%.

Fellow forumistas...prepare for a beating.
john smith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo wrote:
1999 wrote:
john smith wrote:

Isn't it "Jokers to the right"?

Anyway...if Sanchez plays...he will have a pass completion rate of 23% (a PB). The team average will be 45%.

Fellow forumistas...prepare for a beating.

ha ha , i did have a steelers wheel kind of thought process as i typed the original comment, and i did review it in my head with "Joker" instead of clown .

but i felt clown was more appropriate . Wink
lew956

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got the win & ultimately that's all that matters.

Jose's style of football is that boring that I actually struggle to get excited about United games. It's some achievement considering I've sat through United under Moyes & Van Gaal & would still be looking forward to our next fixture. I think his style is actually worse to watch from a fans perspective than LVG considering the players we have now in comparison to then.

I'm not sure if (similar to LVG) he's a genius building something amazing or he's a mad man at the end of his career.

Either way we were fucking awful going forward tonight, truly fucking dire & 2-0 flattered us.
Hertford Red

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fell asleep.....says it all!
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most promising thing to come out of that game was the atmosphere.

I understand a new 'singing section' was trialled last night? Sounded pretty good, despite the cold, opposition and the quality of football.
john smith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 efforts on target says it all. Rolling Eyes
Jackl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6's at best for everyone except Romero, Martial and Lukaku (7) and Matic probably worthy of an 8. The one thing I can't ever take is bullying and scapegoating. I couldn't see what Luke Shaw did which deserved the conical cap in the corner. Brighton had some joy on that flank but it didn't end with Young coming on although it did a little more when Rashford arrived.

One is tempted to paraphrase and ask what is the point of going out in the semi rather than the quarter final? We must be hoping to get Wigan but it could be a close game.
john smith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackl wrote:
6's at best for everyone except Romero, Martial and Lukaku (7) and Matic probably worthy of an 8. The one thing I can't ever take is bullying and scapegoating. I couldn't see what Luke Shaw did which deserved the conical cap in the corner. Brighton had some joy on that flank but it didn't end with Young coming on although it did a little more when Rashford arrived.

One is tempted to paraphrase and ask what is the point of going out in the semi rather than the quarter final? We must be hoping to get Wigan but it could be a close game.

totally agree, it felt as if he had played Shaw and hauled him off just to prove a point Mad

after the game jose said this;

"I didn’t like the game, I think we deserved to win because the game was more or less in control for the majority of the time.

"We scored two goals and they didn’t score and we were in control for the majority of the time.

"When I spend two days working on the training pitch and attacking players are hiding and not wanting the ball between the lines I have to feel frustrated.

"We didn’t play the way I wanted to play, I didn’t have the reaction from all of them. I had the reaction from some of them.

"And because some of them were mentally strong enough and with football quality to play was the reason why we won.

"A team of XI when you don’t have a minimum of six or seven players wanting to play and wanting to have the responsibility of having the ball and the desire to play.

"Because one thing is to play and it’s another thing to be on the pitch it’s difficult to have a good performance, so no, I’m not happy with the performance at all."

interested to see what people make of that statement , i know what i think Wink
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackl wrote:
The one thing I can't ever take is bullying and scapegoating. I couldn't see what Luke Shaw did which deserved the conical cap in the corner..

Couldn't agree more.

Shaw has been questioned re fitness etc. Apparently he is one of the fittest in the squad, according to the medical team. I've seen no evidence of laziness or poor attitude from the lad, as suggested by some. Shaw has played bit parts over the season. When he's played, he's done ok but constantly been pelted by Jose. He keeps his head down and gets on with it. Many would sulk and disapear.

What ever the issues jose/supporters have with Shaw, we have players in our squad doing far less, playing far worse. It's about time he was given a run of games IMO.
Zoolander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree regarding Shaw, I'm afraid I see it in the same way I do his other antics recently, more football politics.

He is abusing Shaw, trying to show how poor some recent spending has been but he is every bit as much to blame.

He doesn't allow Shaw off the lead, always demanding he is shackled into the 'position' he wants him to play. That's not Shaw's fault, he'll leave in the summer for next to nothing and within 18 months be a roaring success again, just like Zaha, now everyone wants to sign him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: