m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bournemouth and spuds
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't pretty but we won - that'll do for a semi. As for Spurs, I reckon Pochettino's stock has plummeted after their repeated chokings and there will be a squad exodus this summer.

Kane? Son? Eriksen? I'd be happy with one of them.
Southern Red

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="john smith"]
1999 wrote:
john smith wrote:

good for you . dick ed,

I bet you're fucking gutted tonight aren't you? How many years have you been coming on here posing as a United fan?[/quote

really ... ........

Rolling Eyes

I suspect you two may have hit the pub a bit too early Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john smith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked jesus .....what are you 12 ??
TOFB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:
It wasn't pretty but we won - that'll do for a semi. As for Spurs, I reckon Pochettino's stock has plummeted after their repeated chokings and there will be a squad exodus this summer.

Kane? Son? Eriksen? I'd be happy with one of them.

Would take Eriksen without hesitation. Would take Son as well very good player. Kane I could do without - think Lukaku is better to be honest.
Jackl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Fabregas was taking the Mickey with Moyes Spurs quietly signed Eriksen for what, £15m or less? Never really understood why SAF didn't follow up his interest as his game is close to Scholes. Levy should have been up before the beaks for daylight robbery.
john smith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackl wrote:
When Fabregas was taking the Mickey with Moyes Spurs quietly signed Eriksen for what, £15m or less? Never really understood why SAF didn't follow up his interest as his game is close to Scholes. Levy should have been up before the beaks for daylight robbery.

didn't we flirt with Modric a bit before he went to Madrid ? was that when SPURS bought erricson ??
i can't just remember the timings .. Confused
Jackl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

August 2013. £11.5m, I read.

Great day out yesterday. I am not a fan of Wembley, particularly leaving afterwards, but that was a proper semi. Strangely wasn't really worried in the first half. I thought we were inside ourselves an Sanchez showed how he can just do the unexpected. .

I hope Jose and a few of the maligned players have answered the knockers. I am not sure why Herrera isn't the skipper. I hope too Jose appreciates that some things glitter despite being Van Gaal.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m a big Herrera fan. Also thought he should be captain & playing regularly. Like Mata, you get the sense he understands United & loves it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have Herrera as skipper definitely, the only drawback being his lack of a regular start. That could easily be resolved.

I've nothing against Valencia as a player, but he's never appeared to me to be a leader or communicator at all.
Jackl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any doubt Jose intended to sideline Herrera when Matic arrived and they didn't immediately gel. Apart from the injury period he was frozen out in the same way Schweini was although not with quite the finality.

Hence by his exemplary behaviour (his captain's mentality) he was able to rehabilitate himself (as Schweini did but he was genuinely past it) when Jose saw the light. Matic might make a skipper but I think Herrera is more vocal. And he makes no secret of his love for the club.

Jose is in danger of learning on this job. It cannot be entirely an accident that, on the pitch, a laxative has begun to work on the anal retention. Perhaps he's going to hunt Pep down again.
Zoolander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel I should publicly thank Chubby, me and Zoo' jnr had a great day out on Saturday, so thank you sir.

With regards to the game, apart from the first 20 minutes I thought we looked quite comfortable and didn't look likely to lose.

I thought the whole front 3 worked really hard, stopped them playing out from the back, pinched possession quite a few times. Jones looked solid and wasn't troubled physically by Kane.

The atmosphere was pretty good, Zoo' Jnr got 'stolen' by some Irish lads behind us (I think they just wanted a little mascot) and a girl 3 rows in front of me had the best arse I have ever seen (see through black leggings with spangly thong if you must know)

1st time at the new Wembley, it's OK but for £700m+ you do expect a bit more. The student accommodation next door must be the most ill conceived and poorly positioned structure in the UK, what student would want to pay top dollar to live next door to that with all the noise and crowds?

The spuds fans seemed resigned to losing, they were very quiet before, during and after. Saw an SEN lad (spurs fan) getting a slap from a red outside which I though was a bit of a shame and the stop/go boards on the Wembley way are shite.

All in all a great day out except for the 7 hour and 45 minutes return trip on Sunday, the closest I have ever come to self-harming it was awful.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some good points by Zoo Snr.

That was easily Sanches' best game for us, he never gave their defence a minutes peace.
Lingard was an absolute star - he makes JS Park look pedestrian.
Jones and (dare I mention?) Smalling were solid and gave DDG an easy afternoon.
Herrera took half an hour to settle, then for the next hour did a passable impression of Roy Keane.

...I'm not going to pass judgement on the girl 3 rows in front without first seeing photographic evidence.
tafkaf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports indicate she boasted a more powerful rear guard than Juventus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: