m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mourinho
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
north country boy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Mourinho Reply with quote

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-jose-mourinho-squad-premier-league-a8343606.html

I hope we win the league and Champions League under him next season but I reckon there's a higher likelihood that he'll be gone by Chrimbo, blaming everyone else bar himself in the process!

I know this whole thing has been done to death on here but... Really don't get what he's trying to achieve with the above. Fair enough he's forcing the board's hand to provide money to buy top quality players but why throw current players under the bus in the process?

Rumours that he wants to swap Martial for Willian??? A 22 year old for a 30 year old? Words fail me. Has he ever taken a gamble on a player???

Have any players of our's improved under him, bar maybe Lingard? Some would say Young but I just think he's changed the way he plays rather than improve him!

He slaughtered the lads on Friday night but its him coaching them, setting them up, putting shackles on them... Thoughts lads?
Desert Moloch

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has always been a short term thinker. Its why youth doesn't thrive under his leadership. I don't think he knows how to prepare a squad for 2-3 seasons later, he only sees what he needs for the next week's game or the next competition he wants to win.
john smith

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched Huddersfield last night play with heart, passion and desire, their aim to keep them selves in the premier league and fight of their manager.

i have never seen jose as a esteemed tactician and he does not seem to be a great motivator, his man management is awful too, he simply plays pragmatically and will throw resources at a problem till it's fixed.

once he feels there is no point he seems to stop caring, he doesn't care whether we finish 2nd or 4th now and he stopped doing when city were clearly going to win the title,

the comments he has made many times this season about certain players i feel are unfair and bordering on disgraceful, last season as an example Fellaini fucked up against everton,he was booed and jeered (bang out of order) by many reds , but Jose stuck by him, called people out in the media and stuck by his player, then others like shaw and Martial get thrown under the bus for not performing on the odd occasion he gives them chance ,

a manager half the fans loathe and half the fans love

won't be the first and probably won't be the last . Rolling Eyes
Diablo

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jusg watched the West 'am game.
Utter shite.

There will be more of the same next season. You lot had better get used to it.

Moyes is stilla Grade A, solid gold fuckwit.
Dee

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think other managers would be getting a lot more out of this squad.

"The only player who ever made me feel inferior" - Sir Bobby Charlton.
Jackl

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was just telling the same truth as has been expresed on here many times. Some of the players can't bridge the gap and, yes, he has more confidence in some than others. He could have been more diplomatic instead of providing fodder for the press but this guy would have written the same anyway but without the quotes.

The debate is really about (a) the identities of those he doesn't trust / thinks can't bridge the gap and (b) whether he could do more to change that. Like it or not there is some justification for his conclusions.

I could say it was on show tonight but ultimately these end of season games are always the same unless the league is going down to the wire. No matter what kind of money you are on it is hard to get enthused about playing for second. I would expect to see more effort go into the cup and it looks as if we will need Rom because no one else is stepping up, which brings me full circle.
john smith

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee wrote:

spot on Dee,
Southern Red

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't disagree with Jose's thoughts but whether he should say them publicly can only be judged on the response from the players. At the moment it doesn't seem to be working. My biggest problem is that he singles out a handful of players whilst other get away with murder.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee wrote:

Do you mean improving on 2nd place? Our squad is a million miles behind City's - only DDG would get into their first 11 (though I still suspect Pep would prefer Ederson).

We've finished 2nd because our squad is better than that of Spurs or the Vermin, though they both have a better first 11 than we do - ours just cost more.
Nicolae

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="]Our squad is a million miles behind City's - only DDG would get into their first 11 (though I still suspect Pep would prefer Ederson).

We've finished 2nd because our squad is better than that of Spurs or the Vermin, though they both have a better first 11 than we do - ours just cost more.[/quote]

Blimey, a rare moment of non-partisan clarity

<stunned>
john smith

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the squad is an orchestra , ours isn't that bad, but the conductor is struggling to get the right tune.

to listen to him spout his excuses ,you would think Jose had a village brass band to work with and Pep had the royal philharmonic Rolling Eyes
Jackl

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a million miles in it. It's fine margins. Nothing a couple of quick players who can deliver a cross with their natural foot won't solve.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackl wrote:
There isn't a million miles in it. It's fine margins. Nothing a couple of quick players who can deliver a cross with their natural foot won't solve.

...and a couple of central defenders who inspire confidence,
...a couple of midfielders that can open a defence,
...a couple of strikers who can score when Lukaku is missing
Southern Red

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999 wrote:
Jackl wrote:

...and a couple of central defenders who inspire confidence,
...a couple of midfielders that can open a defence,
...a couple of strikers who can score when Lukaku is missing

I don't see much wrong with Rojo and Bailiey perhaps even Blind. And Lindlehof will improve. They just don't get given a fair chance.

Our midfielders are good enough to open a defence. Pogba, Sanchez, Mata have all proven they can at other clubs. For what ever reason they just don't do it consistently.

Rashford and Martial shown they can score goals. They both are suffering from something, be it confidence, poor attitude, poor coaching... who knows. But they are capable of far more that what we have witnessed this season.

You could go and spend fortunes, but what player out there will come in and improve us? Right now I've lost faith in our ability to make good signings, or make the best out of the talent we buy. Even if we got Ronny, Messi, Bale and Neymar... would Jose get a tune out of them?
Jackl

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty well glass half full. The play has not been pretty on the eye more times than not butthis squad came second with a cup final to come, despite the no-confidence defence and the goalkeeper who Pep would pass over for Ederson.

You who would exchange Jose now for a newer model should think of the positives he has achieved since he came here and stop listening to the windbags in the media. He promised he would leave us better than he found us and in two seasons he has. Should he not get a third to see if he can carry that on?

I would be very sorry to see some players go. But it's happened before with better players: Andrei, Sparky, Stam, Keano, Becks, Butty. I could go on. I was sorry to see SAF call it a day, Scholesy, and Giggs, the last connection, hang up their boots. Rooney had maybe five years with us when he was great, Ronnie about the same (he has gone on to even greater heights). Which of these current guys do you say Jose is preventing from emulating any of those?

I think our defenders are no worse than City's, our striking options are different but potentially as good. Our goalkeeper is better (Ederson is an excellent sweeper keeper but not top quality at either attribute individually and he will be caught out as all Pep's goalkeepers are). The midfield suffers from playing too much through the middle and could be improved by two players of the type mentioned above. The strike rate will improve in proportion.

City will have to work harder next season. Pep usually quits when the playing field flattens. Let's wait and see, shall we?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: