m-u-f-c Message Board

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rashford
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2315
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Rashford Reply with quote

I know many of you couldn't care less for the national team, but last night Rashford gave a performance to remind us of what he can do.

A great goal, running at and beating players, playing with freedom and a smile.... seems Southgate gets more from him than Jose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hertford Red



Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 809
Location: Hampshire UK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By far “Engurlands” best player last night

Wish he did it for us a bit more often

But wait maybe cause last night he was able to play and not be shackled!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zoolander



Joined: 06 Mar 2004
Posts: 5880
Location: Duck Fat City Limits

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clear case of what he can do when the shackles are off.

All United fans and the board should take note, a second rate manager that failed at Middlesbrough is getting more out of our young starlet than Jose is capable of.

Last nights performance says a lot more about Jose than it does Rashford.
_________________
The situation regarding spoons remains unchanged, if I see one, I will kill it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tafkaf



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 6400

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like Southgate. Comes across well & ive been surprised at his tenure thus far.
_________________
We have some right mardy twats as fans, Chubby is the worst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dee



Joined: 19 Dec 2003
Posts: 633

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo everything said above. A sad indictment of Jose that his methods do not get the best out of the players at his disposal. Also, I don't like the fact that he clearly publicises his favourites/generals and castigates others so readily. Keep it behind closed doors Sir.
_________________
"I think Manchester United is the greatest team in the world. I'd give anything to play for you" - Duncan Edwards.

"The only player who ever made me feel inferior" - Sir Bobby Charlton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2315
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafkaf wrote:
I quite like Southgate. Comes across well & ive been surprised at his tenure thus far.


As have I.

I always saw him as a yes man. The FA's man.

Instead he seems to be heading in his own direction, with a decent style of football that is easier on the eye than what United are offering at the moment. He doesn't seem bothered by making tough decisions. Ditching Rooney, Hart and Smalling for example. He also seems to be getting the media on side... not an easy assignment for an England manager.... I wouldn't have him at united though....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chubby



Joined: 18 Dec 2003
Posts: 3545

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn’t watch the game, but I saw the goal.

Do we really think that Rashford’s form is Jose’ fault? I’m not convinced, I just think Rashford is very young and his inexperience shows from time to time, as does his wonderful ability. To claim Southgate a success because Rashford had a great game would suggest the boy hasn’t played well for Jose, patently and demonstrably false.

Rashford is not a striker, being played as one is not going to get the best from him. He’s a wide player.
_________________
Nic... I dare say you could kick everyone's arse on Mastermind with United as your specialist subject.... Pedantic wank-wipe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawkeye



Joined: 18 Dec 2003
Posts: 2993

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet that after he'd belted the ball past Navas, he turned to the scouse members of the Ingerlund team and said "There you go lads. THAT'S how you do it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2315
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chubby wrote:
I didn’t watch the game, but I saw the goal.

Do we really think that Rashford’s form is Jose’ fault? I’m not convinced, I just think Rashford is very young and his inexperience shows from time to time, as does his wonderful ability. To claim Southgate a success because Rashford had a great game would suggest the boy hasn’t played well for Jose, patently and demonstrably false.

Rashford is not a striker, being played as one is not going to get the best from him. He’s a wide player
.


You've answered your own question.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Zoolander



Joined: 06 Mar 2004
Posts: 5880
Location: Duck Fat City Limits

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As SR says, you sort of answered your own question.

He played as a no 10 for England, given licence to roam, he dropped deep, pulled out wide both left and right. Always looking to turn and drive at the defence, running at them and getting them turned to face their own goal.

He played with joy and freedom. Southgate gets to see him a few days a month, Jose see's him every day. Southgate got the best out of him, Jose doesn't.

Martial is capable of doing the same, Lukaku is capable of being the target man that they both work off of. All three are young, quick, strong, 6 foot or there about. How are we not playing them as a three every week?
_________________
The situation regarding spoons remains unchanged, if I see one, I will kill it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dee



Joined: 19 Dec 2003
Posts: 633

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolander wrote:
As SR says, you sort of answered your own question.

He played as a no 10 for England, given licence to roam, he dropped deep, pulled out wide both left and right. Always looking to turn and drive at the defence, running at them and getting them turned to face their own goal.

He played with joy and freedom. Southgate gets to see him a few days a month, Jose see's him every day. Southgate got the best out of him, Jose doesn't.

Martial is capable of doing the same, Lukaku is capable of being the target man that they both work off of. All three are young, quick, strong, 6 foot or there about. How are we not playing them as a three every week?


To justify spunking £400-500K per week on a player Sad
_________________
"I think Manchester United is the greatest team in the world. I'd give anything to play for you" - Duncan Edwards.

"The only player who ever made me feel inferior" - Sir Bobby Charlton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chubby



Joined: 18 Dec 2003
Posts: 3545

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think Sanchez is the problem per se, he balances the forward line in theory, but he often drops too deep and this unbalances the midfield, particularly Pogba.

I’m not suggesting that Jose gets the best out of them. What I am suggesting is that Gareth Southgate has managed this once, it’s a tad bit premature to ask why Jose can’t do the same when he has done this demonstrably more than Southgate.
_________________
Nic... I dare say you could kick everyone's arse on Mastermind with United as your specialist subject.... Pedantic wank-wipe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Dave



Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1439

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rashford has had some utter stinkers for England too, so I wouldn't laud Southgate as a master man-manager just yet.

Mind you, he hasn't stuck him in for one game in five then bitched to the media that he's not as good as Kane either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chubby



Joined: 18 Dec 2003
Posts: 3545

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dave wrote:


Mind you, he hasn't stuck him in for one game in five


This is a myth, Rashford has played more than any other player under Jose, with the exception of De Gea. Game time has not been the problem for me, more where he's playing. The boy clearly fancies himself as a 9 or 10, when really he's a 7 or 11. Jose's failing for me is not when he plays him but where he plays him.
_________________
Nic... I dare say you could kick everyone's arse on Mastermind with United as your specialist subject.... Pedantic wank-wipe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Dave



Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1439

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chubby wrote:
The Dave wrote:


Mind you, he hasn't stuck him in for one game in five


This is a myth, Rashford has played more than any other player under Jose, with the exception of De Gea. Game time has not been the problem for me, more where he's playing. The boy clearly fancies himself as a 9 or 10, when really he's a 7 or 11. Jose's failing for me is not when he plays him but where he plays him.


Not up front he hasn't. Which IMO IS his better position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group