m-u-f-c Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Martial
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoolander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddly posted twice, soz.
Jackl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no doubt that Jose can't get the best out of some players but all managers have that problem. He gets the best out of players with a strong work ethic who are willing to adapt to his ways (leaving out any question of whether this is the Man Utd way).

I would leave Marcus out of that equation. I don't think Jose's handled him badly and Luka was clearly the more reliable option at 9. Marcus will develop under Jose's tutelage as Jesse has and the suggestion he wants to leave is media rubbish.

Both Anthony and Paul are different considerations. Apart from William Gallas and Karim Benzema I am not sure if Jose has ever had much time for French players and they can have an arrogance that they know best to go with the swagger. Paul, maybe, suffers from that belief he's bigger than the club. Anthony does lack confidence and is not arrogant and, yes, he would benefit from an arm round the shoulder but I am not sure he could change enough. The moment could be gone. Maybe the twain will never meet. Pity but there it is.

Generally the problem with the breakdown of most relationships lies in fault on both sides. There are obvious exceptions to that (e.g where one party is a bully etc. and that charge has been laid at Joses's door but we are talking about grown men here and I haven't yet seen anyone complain). Basically if something goes wrong the first person I look at is myself. I know it will be at least part of the answer. Others tend to throw the blame on everyone but themselves. It's always someone else's fault. Jose does have that tendency and maybe he needs it to survive because SAF had it too. If the person you are dealing with is that type too then the future's a no no.
The Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His debut and early period with us promised much but as time has gone on it's become more and more obvious he's lacking end product (particularly playing wide), and I don't think that's got much to do with his management. I compared him to Nani a coupla years ago but in hindsight the Portuguese was a far more useful player to have on the pitch.

He's got talent, but mostly he's just.. "meh". Not surprised if he clears off this summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: