m-u-f-c Message Board

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jose -Poll

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jose Mourinho
Keep him
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Sack him
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
Make a decision at the end of the season
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Message
dark-shade-of-red



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 5764
Location: Wiltshire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Jose -Poll Reply with quote

Just wondering if we’re all on the same page here?
_________________
"United's success has generated its wealth; City's wealth has generated its success. Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nicolae



Joined: 18 Dec 2003
Posts: 11287

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE MUST STAY!! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Dave



Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1460

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was willing to give him the time to fix this mess himself, but it's become quite clear that he's got as much chance of turning this United side round as Donald Trump has achieving world peace.

We all know what happened in his final season at Chelsea and if we don't act fast to cut our losses we'll have nothing left of this season to salvage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TOFB



Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Posts: 1962
Location: Cavan, Ireland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like moving the seats on the titanic, sack him - I feel he isn’t going to achieve anything else with the club other than go backwards at this point. I don’t think he is entirely to blame for the position that United are in currently though. I put that down to Glazers/Woodward and players who feel empowered by the owners and chief exec.

We’ll be in this same scenario not long from now when he is sacked after an initial surge of improvement in the players.
_________________
"This does not slip now"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2391
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOFB wrote:
I don’t think he is entirely to blame for the position that United are in currently though. I put that down to Glazers/Woodward and players who feel empowered by the owners and chief exec.


There is little doubt the way the club is run is a shambles. It has been the day the club was brought. But this isn't a get out of jail free card for Jose.

Jose is a huge cause of the stench within the club atm. He is trying to use supporters against the board, against our highest profile player and has continuously picked fights with individuals within the squad, all to cover up his poor, but clever management style.

People highlight Klopp's and Poch's trophy record. It's true. It isn't that impressive. But the big difference with these two and Jose, their positivity makes supporters and players believe they are moving forward and gives a feel good factor within the club. Jose, however, had supporters, and probably players, believing the season was over before a ball was kicked, all because of the failure to sign 1 player. If our cbs are that bad, where are the youngsters? Give them a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TOFB



Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Posts: 1962
Location: Cavan, Ireland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Red wrote:
TOFB wrote:
I don’t think he is entirely to blame for the position that United are in currently though. I put that down to Glazers/Woodward and players who feel empowered by the owners and chief exec.


There is little doubt the way the club is run is a shambles. It has been the day the club was brought. But this isn't a get out of jail free card for Jose.

Jose is a huge cause of the stench within the club atm. He is trying to use supporters against the board, against our highest profile player and has continuously picked fights with individuals within the squad, all to cover up his poor, but clever management style.

People highlight Klopp's and Poch's trophy record. It's true. It isn't that impressive. But the big difference with these two and Jose, their positivity makes supporters and players believe they are moving forward and gives a feel good factor within the club. Jose, however, had supporters, and probably players, believing the season was over before a ball was kicked, all because of the failure to sign 1 player. If our cbs are that bad, where are the youngsters? Give them a chance.

The youngsters that were relegated with the U23’s last season? McTominay?

Biggest issue is that the owners and Woodward did not invest in the team despite being asked to do so. This is after giving the manager a new contract at the start of the year. We clearly need players regardless of whether Jose is there or not. It was clear even under Van Gaal that our CB’s couldn’t be trusted and needed protection for the 90 minutes.

I couldn’t give a bollocks about Klopp or Poch, they’re at different clubs. I’m talking about the current issues at United - Jose is part of that I totally agree but if you think that sacking him will solve our issues I’m afraid you’re very much mistaken.

In a way, it’s a good thing that Jose is creating a stench against the board. If Ferguson did it 10 years ago we would all have been delighted.
_________________
"This does not slip now"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Southern Red



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 2391
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOFB wrote:
Southern Red wrote:
TOFB wrote:
I don’t think he is entirely to blame for the position that United are in currently though. I put that down to Glazers/Woodward and players who feel empowered by the owners and chief exec.


There is little doubt the way the club is run is a shambles. It has been the day the club was brought. But this isn't a get out of jail free card for Jose.

Jose is a huge cause of the stench within the club atm. He is trying to use supporters against the board, against our highest profile player and has continuously picked fights with individuals within the squad, all to cover up his poor, but clever management style.

People highlight Klopp's and Poch's trophy record. It's true. It isn't that impressive. But the big difference with these two and Jose, their positivity makes supporters and players believe they are moving forward and gives a feel good factor within the club. Jose, however, had supporters, and probably players, believing the season was over before a ball was kicked, all because of the failure to sign 1 player. If our cbs are that bad, where are the youngsters? Give them a chance.

The youngsters that were relegated with the U23’s last season? McTominay?

Biggest issue is that the owners and Woodward did not invest in the team despite being asked to do so. This is after giving the manager a new contract at the start of the year. We clearly need players regardless of whether Jose is there or not. It was clear even under Van Gaal that our CB’s couldn’t be trusted and needed protection for the 90 minutes.

I couldn’t give a bollocks about Klopp or Poch, they’re at different clubs. I’m talking about the current issues at United - Jose is part of that I totally agree but if you think that sacking him will solve our issues I’m afraid you’re very much mistaken.

In a way, it’s a good thing that Jose is creating a stench against the board. If Ferguson did it 10 years ago we would all have been delighted.


I don't completely disagree with you, but to say we haven't invested just isn't true. We have. We've even brought 2 CB's under joses reign as well as Rojo and Blind in the LVG era. Lets add Luke Shaw into the mix, thats 5 defenders purchased in the last 5(?) years. The problems are it was too little too late. We failed to properly invest in fergies twilight years and are now playing catch up. This has resulted in the second issue of the scattergun, panic buy transfer policy.

Where Jose shares some of the blame, none of the players he has brought to the club have improved us. Not one player has improved under his management. If anything we've seen a decline in quality. And the biggest factor is that I believe our squad is far better than what we are seeing. All this is a matter of opinion, of course.

The fact is, with all the will in the world, the owners are here to stay. Nobody is going to pay the sort of money the owners would want to sell the club. The only way we rid ourselves of them is by a long period of no success reducing our market value or the financial bubble around football bursting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dark-shade-of-red



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 5764
Location: Wiltshire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what sort of figure the G!@zer's would ask?

They declined £1.5billion from the Red Knights years back. That figure would be almost double now I reckon.
_________________
"United's success has generated its wealth; City's wealth has generated its success. Anything else is just piss and wind."

Cheerful Sid
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    m-u-f-c.co.uk Forum Index -> m-u-f-c General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group